Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Kingdom

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 19, 2015

A tactical RPG for the PlayStation 4 and Vita created by the director of Grand Knights History.

It's Out! Impressions?

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, this thing came out this week! I've been playing it, and I am loving it so far. I was really sad when I learned that Grand Knights History (the spiritual predecessor, I think) wasn't coming stateside, so I was really excited for this game. I really like the melding of turn-based stuff and valkyrie Profile juggling and aiming. It's all really engaging. Also, the fact that you can add bits and baubles to your dudes is pretty cool as well! I really like giving my guys the filters from Naussica; it all looks weird in a cool way. I'm playing it on the vita and it seems to be playing okay, minus some hitching in the main menus. It's also got an online component where you fight in wars between four countries. I've not really won any wars, but it a cool thing to pass the time with.

What does anybody else think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I tried the beta and loved it. Plan to buy it at some point but busy with other games

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Would be interested to know what you guys think once you played more of it.

I kinda want to play it, but I'm just not sure if the combat system is complex enough. I'd heard it's pretty much a watered down version of Disgaea's combat (with some added "action" stuff) and that doesn't sound all that compelling.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have the Big collectors ordered but I have to wait till the 28th to play it.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sessh: There's a demo up on the PSN store for PS4 and Vita, if you want to get your hands on it. I've played a small chunk of that since I was only expecting a mission, but it seems rad.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played the demo. I think it seems pretty neat. But its hard to tell what the game actually is.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been playing this a bit. My first impression that it was a Disgaea-ish with its load of systems but not totally, or at least not as intense. There's aptitude and resetting back to lvl 1 in here, but not nearly as ridiculous. All of the persistent War/Faction stuff is really cool and also most of the game. The single player stuff almost seems like a side thing compared to all of the systems and better rewards attached to the endless Faction stuff.

I do have issues though, like the equipment seems totally linear early on. I have a squad of lvl 10s and all I can do is just buy the next best thing from the shop. There's crafting, upgrading, and the special Faction shops, but all of those things are to costly for me or it has lvl requirements. Then there's the combat. In an alternate universe this would be a great game from the Magicka and Hell Divers team. The friendly fire nature of everything is brutal. Traps and buffs that can be affected by either side and huge artillery barrages makes the game tactical in a way that I'm not sold on. You also have way more to lose In war since, there are no free item kits. Meanwhile the enemy is always fresh since its AI that doesn't have to worry about multiple fights. I really have no idea how to beat higher level human-made teams. But also you get rewarded for vaguely trying in War so it balances out a bit.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Been playing this, definitely pretty neat, lots of stuff to keep you busy. Dig how big a factor friendly fire is. Could see myself grinding on this one for awhile.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After hearing about it on (I think) The Axe of the Blood God, I found myself with some surprise credit and an opportunity to pick it up cheapish. So far, with just a few steps as the online part starts opening up, I like it! There's still a great deal that I'm probably not absorbing (so many gauges, skills, baubles to keep track of!), but I think it hasn't been punishing so far. I sort of wish I had gotten it on the Vita because it would be a great game to be able to start/stop while commuting.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is free for PS Plus members this month, on both PS4 and Vita (cross-buy). Looks interesting, looking forward to checking it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.