Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Knights History

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 01, 2011

A turn-based fantasy JRPG developed by Vanillaware.

Xseed to Localize Grand Knight's History

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Catolf

After a bit of teasing from Xseed we finally get to the bottom of what that little Anagram was all about. Don't know what I'm talking about? It was teased on their twitter account:

“[???CLUE???] : A RAVELING NOON SOUL”.

They then provided more clues:

1) It IS an anagram.

2) “Online” is NOT part of it.

3) It’s not actually the title of a game, but something /central/ to that game. (^-^)/

4. [CLUE #3] _ _ A _ O _ / _ O _ R _ _ / _ N I _ _

With a bit of effort and a few smart users they came up with: Avalon/Logres/UnionWhich were faction/ countries of Grand Knight's History. Today Xseed finally let the cat out of the bag.

Developer Vanillaware has a special place in the heart of 2D-loving gamers, with past titles like Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire and Muramasa: The Demon Blade under their belt. Next up is the turn-based RPG Grand Knights History, which XSEED Games has announced for a North American PSP release this winter.

XSEED Games President, Jun Iwasaki, had the following to say about the announcement: "Vanillaware is renowned for their beautiful and striking hand-drawn 2D graphics, and with its stunning visuals and strategic gameplay, Grand Knights History will be a must-have for all PSP owners with a taste for deep, engrossing RPGs."

Grand Knights History takes place in Listia, a land plagued by conflict, with three nations vying for continental domination. Players must choose an allegiance with one of the three factions, then progress through offline questing and "intense 30-hour online skirmishes." The customization is deep, with everything from race, sex, appearance, job class, sub-class and weapon type freely alterable for every team member.

The RPG will be available both on UMD disc and as a download through the PlayStation Store. Grand Knights History will also be released in Europe through Rising Star Games.

Looks like we are going to be playing some Grand Knight's History this winter! Also if you don't trust Crunchyroll there was also information on this by Silliconcera

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Excellent news!

Rising Star Games just might be my favourite publisher at the moment.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I just saw this on their site.

I'll probably be getting it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.