Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

The Lost & Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony are collected onto this standalone disc of Grand Theft Auto IV's post-release content.

"Sexy Time" Mission, anyone else finding it hard?

Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

Spoiler warning!

I'm talking about the mission where you have to steal the helicopter then blow up the yacht and the patrol boats with it. Anyone know any tricks for aiming, is there a lock-on or anything? I just can't hit anything with the bloody helicopter because it's so hard to aim. This is the only mission that I found challenging so far.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

I HATED that mission. You have to get down real close to the boats and use the minigun. And I mean, REAL CLOSE.

The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @Milkman: 
    yea it's a load of bullshit, right now i have 2 damn guys left running around and i can't hit them, i dunno why i can't just get out of the copper and cap 'em
    Morris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Morris

ya this mission took a bit longer than normal, its because the helicopter handles really weird, and aiming is hard.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By unsolvedparadox

You don't have to get too close. What I did was aim behind a patrol boat and hammer on the machine guns, then when the helicopter straightened itself out, the stream of steady fire drew a line into the boat. 

It only takes a few high caliber rounds to take out each boat; once I did it this way, it was really easy.

KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By KME93

yeah my only advice is for the yacht get low and a decent distance away and use both the missles and minigun. For the boats (which are a real pain) just fly over one and get as low as possible without touching water and unleash that minigun. Speaking of pain in the ass missions the next one for Yusuf is hard too so if any one could help me with that I would be very greatful, but for now I am doing drug wars
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Philosopher

i just killed all the dudes, but then I crashed the copter when I was trying to land it lol.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @The_Philosopher said:
    " i just killed all the dudes, but then I crashed the copter when I was trying to land it lol. "
    You really have to baby it, I was nudging the stick a bit at a time until it was just right.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Capum15

I managed to spam rockets and blow up all three boats kind of fast.

First one I strafed and blew up, the second two were pretty much just aiming ahead and holding down the rocket fire button. Spray and Pray with rockets.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikeeegeee

When tasked with shooting something with a helicopter, always play in first person.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah, that one messed with me. I had to use third person and spam gunfire/missiles. Luckily the chopper is agile enough to save you from landing in the water if you pull back in time. Keep an eye on your newly implemented altimeter.

First person would work if there was something on the HUD that showed the horizon alongside the altimeter, like in San Andreas.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Yes this pissed me off I had to get close and use the minigun and rockets but minigun is more effective don't let them get on land or they just split up, I have finished TBoGT and it was really good!

bran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bran

Having played a lot of Battlefield 2, I found it not very challenging at all. Line them up, strafe them, done.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I go a little high, and then tilt down while continuously launching missiles/machine gun fire. I did it my first try, but I came REALLY close to landing in the water.

Damn I'm a good pilot.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @bran: 
    @Vito_Raliffe:
    Ditto, I really had no trouble with the chopper missions. I think everyone else needs more practice.
    playtuwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By playtuwin

Well I failed the first time I tried and now every time I go to try it again, it always turn dark, even if I start in the middle of the day. As a result I cant see the small boats and cant shoot them. What should I do?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShockD

I play with keyboard + mouse and found it quite easy. Passed it on first try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.