Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto III

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 22, 2001

The third release in the Grand Theft Auto Franchise stars silent criminal protagonist Claude who, after having been betrayed and left for dead, is out for revenge. It was the first GTA game in 3D, an evolution that proved to be pivotal and helped establish the franchise as one of gaming's most popular (and controversial).

Are the touch controls really that bad?

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BaneFireLord

Currently, GTAIII is on sale for three bucks on the iOS store. That is, of course, a rock bottom price and a helluva deal for one of the better games of the 2000s. However, I've heard some very negative things about the touch controls for the game and was wondering if they really do make the game as unplayable as reviewers are painting it. Is it that bad or are people overreacting? In particular, how bad is it on the smaller devices (I would only be playing it on an iPhone)?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

I bought it for that price on my iPhone 4S and I have no problems with the controls honestly, thought I would hate them but you get used to them, and at that price I'd recommend it

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sooty

They are really that bad, and it's exactly why I chuckle when people say dedicated gaming handhelds are dead.

The only phone you should buy this on is the Xperia Play I think.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

watch the Tested app of the day on it. (was the ipad version they were on)

seemed like something you could get used to.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By strainedeyes

I think it controls as well as it can and is very playable. Probably one of the better controlling on-screen controls I have played.

Do not use analog controls for driving, it isn't good.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Catarrhal

I can't imagine that anyone would even come close to finishing the goddamn game with touch controls.

Again, watch the Tested video.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.