Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Ballad of Gay Tony first impressions

MKO619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 7

Edited By MKO619

So finally i got around to buying Ballad of Gay Tony. From the outset i was happy to see it was almost 2 Gigs, so i was excited to see how much they added in the expansion. I'm about 2 and a half hours in so right now Luis doesn't really have a motivation to do his missions cause that big GTA Setpiece moment hasnt happened yet which is fine. One aspect im happy about is the weapons. Obviously all of the old weapons are in here and the new weapons are pretty good. The P-90 and AA-12 are really satisfying and help freshen things up. Also in the mix are new explosives that are pretty good and are manually detonated.  

A weak aspect right now are the supporting characters. I think Luis and Tony are great characters but everyone new to the series just isn't really that funny or too charming. Not too say their supper bland but even Lost and Damned had some good new characters. What Im into right now, well this could just be me being an idiot but its the fact that i dont know who will turn on who or who the main villain will be. This element too me is great in keeping me waiting for something great too happen. 

Overall im happy with Ballad of Gay Tony right now. The gameplay feels identical to GTAIV besides the club stuff but it feels compitent and they did add a lot too that universe so this expanision is probably a great buy. Well See how it turns out
    MKO619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MKO619

So finally i got around to buying Ballad of Gay Tony. From the outset i was happy to see it was almost 2 Gigs, so i was excited to see how much they added in the expansion. I'm about 2 and a half hours in so right now Luis doesn't really have a motivation to do his missions cause that big GTA Setpiece moment hasnt happened yet which is fine. One aspect im happy about is the weapons. Obviously all of the old weapons are in here and the new weapons are pretty good. The P-90 and AA-12 are really satisfying and help freshen things up. Also in the mix are new explosives that are pretty good and are manually detonated.  

A weak aspect right now are the supporting characters. I think Luis and Tony are great characters but everyone new to the series just isn't really that funny or too charming. Not too say their supper bland but even Lost and Damned had some good new characters. What Im into right now, well this could just be me being an idiot but its the fact that i dont know who will turn on who or who the main villain will be. This element too me is great in keeping me waiting for something great too happen. 

Overall im happy with Ballad of Gay Tony right now. The gameplay feels identical to GTAIV besides the club stuff but it feels compitent and they did add a lot too that universe so this expanision is probably a great buy. Well See how it turns out
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By niamahai

wait till u reach some of the fights.

or the drug wars with your buddies.

you will start to feel GTA4 cover&shooting mechanics feeel reeeeallly old.
    it'll be even worse if you've played RDR.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By face15
    @niamahai: The shooting mechanics in Red Dead are nothing like the ones in GTA IV. They are at least 3000 times better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.