Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 26, 2004

The follow-up to Vice City takes the Grand Theft Auto series' free-roaming violence into 1992 and the fictional state of San Andreas as several criminal gangs wage war for control of the streets.

Has Rockstar fixed up GTA SA for XBLM?

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By L4wz

I plan on downloading this game off Xbox Live Marketplace, but before I do I want to ask if Rockstar has fixed up all the framerate and technical issues that had plagued the PS2 and Xbox versions since it's running on stronger hardware. So are those gone? Not that I wouldn't buy it if they were still there, it would just be a little disappointing.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

No. All original Xbox games on the service are identical to their disk counter-part. Any issues will transfer over.

Trust me, if the added achievements and fixed up some of those games, I would have downloaded a lot more than Stubbs h Zombie and Black.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By L4wz
    @EpicSteve said:
    "No. All original Xbox games on the service are identical to their disk counter-part. Any issues will transfer over.  Trust me, if the added achievements and fixed up some of those games, I would have downloaded a lot more than Stubbs h Zombie and Black. "

Thanks, a little disappointing but GTA SA is such an epic game that I can forgive it for minor issues.
    Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emiel

I bought it recently again for PS2. Still such a good game.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DystopiaX
    @L4wz: I downloaded it. Although I didn't play the ps2/original xbox versions so I have no basis for comparison, I haven't really noticed any issues yet (I'm pretty far into the game), but I'd believe the second poster about it being a straight port. Bottom line is, issues or no, I never really noticed them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.