Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 26, 2004

The follow-up to Vice City takes the Grand Theft Auto series' free-roaming violence into 1992 and the fictional state of San Andreas as several criminal gangs wage war for control of the streets.

San Andreas Re-release is an iOS port

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I didn't want to throw accusations around, but the fact that the main menu is straight outta the iOS version, I did 2 seconds of research. Digital Foundry confirms this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-gta-san-andreas-on-xbox-360-is-a-mobile-port

First things first, it's ~4 bucks right now, but there's an implicit assumption that's a 75% off sales price for the first few weeks for its 10th anniversary, implying it'll be 15 bucks soon enough. I'm not in the bizness of tell you how to live your life, but this seems like a shit move on Rockstar's behalf. Maybe that's why they silently pushed it out?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mcfart

It's cheap. Don't want? Don't buy.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ripelivejam

Lol mcfart

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

@mcfart said:

I have this pile of poop here, only $5. Good deal right?

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

This wasn't developed by any Rockstar studio. It's the same dudes that did the iOS/Android versions so obviously they would build upon the version that they've already modernised.

Also: Why does it matter?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

That article says it's most likely the Android release.

Kind of a bummer they just took that release and slapped it into last generation's consoles but that article goes on the describe the Android and now 360 version as probably the best. It isn't the version I think we'd all prefer (smooth framerate, the full soundtrack, ect.) but it's only $4 right now if you're a Gold member so that's not so bad.

I'd prefer a GTA 4/San Andreas HD version on the current generation but for now this isn't terrible.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I thought people were aware it was a port of the mobile version? I mean, it's not the end of the world, it does at least add a new control scheme, mission checkpoints, and you keep your weapons when you die/get busted. Without that the original could be fairly frustrating to play by modern standards.

Either way, it's a bit poor it only runs at 720p. I would probably recommend picking up the Steam version in the Christmas sale, as then you could get MTA as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it wasn't so poorly slapper together, from what I have seen, it probably wouldn't matter.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By KaneRobot

@alexw00d said:

@mcfart said:

If the poop is as fun as GTA SA, then yes, good deal. I doubt your poop is that fun. Feel free to prove me wrong.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@alexw00d said:

@mcfart said:

For me personally? No, it's not a good deal, I'm not interested in piles of poop. But perhaps to someone who does want a pile of poop, say to use as fuel for their big fire it'd be a good deal, depending on just how big that pile is.

Like, this version of SA could be $2 & it'd not be a good deal for me because I still have the game on PC. But if someone doesn't have it anymore, then $5 for what was when it came out the best GTA game, & remains the GTA game with the best feel & atmosphere (I mean it's not the BEST from a mechanics standpoint, that's obviously GTA5).

Honestly, looking at the Quick Look, yeah, this is a disappointing port. When Halo is getting HDified, it'd be nice if someone took a little care with GTA:SA, gave it a little love, certainly the frame rate issues are pretty inexcusable on a home console. But at $5 it's really hard to find fault. Obviously if you wait a couple of months & buy it when it's no longer heavily discounted, I think that's a much bigger question mark. But value is ultimately in the eye of the beholder.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By AlexW00d

@kanerobot: The point is just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's good, which is what that guy was implying.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The game is a good port.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

Yes, and iOS port, I'd say that's pretty cheap.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

its not 2002. phones are powerful. its being a phone port is fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.