Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

12GB PS3 - Will I be able to play this game?

Avatar image for secondheartbeat
    SecondHeartbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecondHeartbeat

Has anyone succesfully installed this on a 12gb ps3? Is the install exactly 8gb? I think my ps3 has about 8.7 free without anything installed.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Fully disclosure: I'm still awaiting the UPS delivery anxiously.

But with patches and the soon-to-be released GTA Online...you'll need more than just eight GBs.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@secondheartbeat: Its about 8.3 gigs so basically you're going to have to have your HDD empty.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

250GB is like 70 bucks...

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Catarrhal

It should work, but you may want to think about replacing your hard drive ASAP (in case you didn't realize, it's actually a very simple process--doesn't void the warranty, either).

Avatar image for secondheartbeat
    SecondHeartbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SecondHeartbeat

I barely use my ps3, so I have no intention of buying a hard drive for it.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By peritus

70 bucks is alot of money to add on to an already expensive piece of hardware.

I hope it will work out for you on the 12gig. It should, but you wont be able to add GTA online i think.

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can get the 500gb with gta for 260 dont get a 12gb

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@peritus said:
    @ch3burashka said:

I hope it will work out for you on the 12gig. It should, but you wont be able to add GTA online i think.

Maybe he could search for something smaller, like a cheap 60 or 120 if he doesn't use his PS3 much?

A 12GB PS3 is only halfway usable, I have no clue why Sony would release that. 40GB should be the absolute minimum. Anyway, the GTA V install is a little more than 8GB. You should be able to fit it on there, but it'll be a tight squeeze, and don't expect to play GTA Online until you've picked up a bigger HDD.

Fustigate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can get the 500gb with gta for 260 dont get a 12gb

That's the best idea. The bundle cost 269, that's $9 more than than GTA and the 12GB model. $9 for a 500gb HD isn't too bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@peritus said:
    @ch3burashka said:

Maybe he could search for something smaller, like a cheap 60 or 120 if he doesn't use his PS3 much?

A 12GB PS3 is only halfway usable, I have no clue why Sony would release that. 40GB should be the absolute minimum. Anyway, the GTA V install is a little more than 8GB. You should be able to fit it on there, but it'll be a tight squeeze, and don't expect to play GTA Online until you've picked up a bigger HDD.

12GB is just not enough space, like you said, you could probably get GTAV on there but there is going to be very little room for anything else. Now if @secondheartbeat has an extra hard drive lying around then you could throw that in.

Steakheadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running GTAV on a 12GB super slim here.

The GTA Install takes up a little bit over 8GB. With nothing installed on my system but psn updates and such, I had about 9GB free. Everything runs fine, but obviously it's going to be a GTA-only machine for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.