Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Am I crazy? GTAV properties are not very lucrative!

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TerminatorZ

Hello. I'm playing GTAV and the property stuff is not making much sense to me. Perhaps you good folks at Giant Bomb can show me the logic in the following:

1. The description for the McKenzie airport on online guides such as IGN is that it's a way to "make money." You spend $150,000 on it to buy it, and then you do the trafficking missions to make profit: 5 land missions, 5 air missions. You get $5,000 for land, $7.000 for air. That means that the missions ultimately earn you $120,000, total. With all the excellent flying bonuses, the maximum is $121,375.

I lose 30 thousand dollars if I buy that airfield with 150K and ace all the trafficking missions with a 5-star rating for 121.375K in total.

2. The Car Scrapyard: It costs $275,000 to buy, and pays you $150 per car that you bring in. That means I have to bring in 1,834 cars just to earn back what I paid for the place. Did any of you steal over two thousand cars and drive them to the scarpyard to even begin making a profit?

3. The time element. 1 week in GTAV is 5.6 hours in real life. It literally takes 400 and 600 hours of gameplay to only earn back the price you paid for some properties. Cut that in half because of the numerous time-skipping game saving, and you still end up with 200-300 hours of gameplay, just to earn back what you paid. That means you need over 200 gameplay hours to make profit from the cheapest property you buy.

Am I crazy or are these properties useless?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Your not crazy, they are useless.

However I think it's cool they included them, 'cause the GTA fan base is a bit eccentric and I'm sure there actually is a few players who take the time to make it profitable.

But no, your not crazy.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Try the Sonar Collections Dock. Apparently can net you $900k profit in ~2 hours.

I've found the stock market a neat way to make money. I did the "Hotel Assassination" mission earlier, and they made it super obvious it would have a knockon effect on stock prices for a certain company, so I put all my money into it and make like $500k straight after that mission.

I haven't found any use for cash in SP though, only used it Online.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

They're a waste of money that you spend once you've maxed your income with the assassinations/stock market missions. Not much else to it.

It's probably the laziest element they added to the game. I mean you can't even enter most of them. You buy this shiny new thing that does nothing and you can't even at least look at it!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

If you care about money in gta, read up on exploiting the stock market when you do Franklin's assassin missions. I have 1.5 billion per character on my end game save. It's kind of pointless though, because there's nothing substantial to do with money in that game. Rockstar always has trouble with making compelling side content for gta.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

They're a waste of money that you spend once you've maxed your income with the assassinations/stock market missions. Not much else to it.

It's probably the laziest element they added to the game. I mean you can't even enter most of them. You buy this shiny new thing that does nothing and you can't even at least look at it!

Huh, I guess I'll be buying them to gain access to the side missions that they provide (like protecting them from gangs), when all this time I thought they would make me proper profit. I guess it's ok to pay for those side missions if there's no other use for the money (I only like singleplayer).

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you care about money in gta, read up on exploiting the stock market when you do Franklin's assassin missions. I have 1.5 billion per character on my end game save. It's kind of pointless though, because there's nothing substantial to do with money in that game. Rockstar always has trouble with making compelling side content for gta.

Yeah I read about that - buying cheap stocks in a company before assassinating their rival, then selling the stocks when they skyrocket. I also read about buying car stocks then spending hours blowing up other cars to make the stocks of the car you chose rise in price.

But for now I have a list of rival companies, such as Cluckin' Bell vs. Taco Bomb, and I'm trying to figure out how to hurt one of them so i can make money off the rival..... But all these taco and coffee joints are closed, they have no staff to shoot, no cars to damage, just closed buildings, I'm gonna keep trying to find a way to hurt a company.

Regarding the money... The idea was to spend big money on property, make considerable profit over time, and use that profit to invest in more properties and to buy all the expensive cars, boats and planes. Are you telling me that the only way to buy all that awesome expensive stuff during my playthrough is the Assassinations exploits? Otherwise I have to wait until I beat the game before I can afford them?

When I beat the game I'm gonna delete it, not buy stuff in it! It's like only being able to make big money when you turn 80 years old.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@rongalaxy said:

Regarding the money... The idea was to spend big money on property, make considerable profit over time, and use that profit to invest in more properties and to buy all the expensive cars, boats and planes. Are you telling me that the only way to buy all that awesome expensive stuff during my playthrough is the Assassinations exploits? Otherwise I have to wait until I beat the game before I can afford them?

When I beat the game I'm gonna delete it, not buy stuff in it! It's like only being able to make big money when you turn 80 years old.

Not only that, you don't have nearly enough money to buy all the businesses or cars or boats or planes that you want from the endgame heist. I've finished the game three times and came out with 20-30 million per character each time. You can't pool those funds and several of the endgame properties are in the 10-20 million range for cost (the golf club is $150,000,000!) so you could only buy one per character and not have anything left for the other properties or whatever you wanted to buy without the assassinations' help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.