Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

An excellent GTA V Rewind Theater

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By manhattan_project

Yeah, I know, you can't spell ignorant without IGN. But please put aside your hate for just a few minutes and watch this excellent dissection of the GTA V trailer. Its good, I promise.

I was really hoping GTA V would include the other parts of San Andreas and this pretty much has me convinced.

Color me excited!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hatking

I did not get Ray Liotta when I first watched the trailer, but maybe it was. I'll have to check that out again.

EDIT: Going back and giving it another listen, yeah, I certainly get where they were coming from on the Ray Liotta. Still not sure if it's him though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

It's not Ray Liotta, it's already been confirmed. I can't believe they would think it was, other than the very first word this character says, it sounds nothing like him. As for it being Tommy Vercetti though, I don't know.

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By manhattan_project

@NTM said:

It's not Ray Liotta, it's already been confirmed. I can't believe they would think it was, other than the very first word this character says, it sounds nothing like him. As for it being Tommy Vercetti though, I don't know.

Nothing like him? A lot of people disagree with you but, yes, it isn't actually Ray Liotta but they could have easily just recasted the role.

Also keep in mind this was recorded an hour after the trailer went live, before anyone had info on whether this was him or not.

GameOverGreggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GameOverGreggy

I found it very informative and entertaining. BEYOND!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

@Manhattan_Project: Yeah, I know. A lot of people are dumb (as mean as it sounds, it's true), and I go to IGN, so I keep up with the news. My point still stands that I can't believe they thought it was Ray Liotta's voice, it's apparent. Eh, I don't want to stress it.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117

Pretty good break down for not that much information to work with.

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By manhattan_project

@GameOverGreggy said:

I found it very informative and entertaining. BEYOND!

BEYOND!

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

That was a well done video. It definitely shows the recession is a huge part of the game and is convincing me that maybe it is tommy after all.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Subjugation

Just take it back here and let's WOMP WOMP! You can see in the background that WOMP WOMP!

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It totally didn't sound like Liotta to me, and while I do want to believe that's Tommy and CJ, it makes me think Claude is the one doing the voice-over. To bring back Tommy without Ray Liotta would be heartbreaking.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ksaw
    No Caption Provided

THEY'RE ALL IN SAN ANDREAS NOW!

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sidekick-Trio
    @Ksaw: Where did you get that image?
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Interesting watch for sure, there's one or two details I certainly didn't pick up on. Some of them could be coincidences or just nods to the old trailers, but having the "Tommy" character driving a similar blue car is definitely interesting.. Bringing back CJ, Tommy and Claude would be pretty amazing.

It definitely isn't Ray Liotta, but it could be someone doing an impersonation of an older version of him. The only thing that really goes against this, is the fact that CJ and Tommy (especially Tommy) would be pretty old now, assuming the game is set in the present day.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#15  Edited By Soap

I really don't think it's any character from any of the games before and to be honest I hope it isn't.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I tried to watch it, but IGN's well made and designed website wasn't working.

Edit: Watched it, pretty intriguing.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RobertOrri

@Soap said:

I really don't think it's any character from any of the games before and to be honest I hope it isn't.

Yeah, me neither. I think Rockstar just threw in those shots as red herrings.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Pretty interesting stuff, that guy running away from the cops looks like CJ and that's who I thought it was when I first saw the trailer.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@Ksaw: Wow, I remember that. There was so many rumours after that was posted.

@Ferros: It was discovered back in 2008 (after the release of GTA IV) on the Rockstar Social Club, fairly long time ago now so who knows if it actually links to GTA V.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Potter9156

I'm thinking it's pretty much confirmed Tommy will play a huge role in the game, but I don't think you'll play as him. The main character is going to be much younger, and will follow Tommy's lead. And if that image posted above of Niko buying a ticket to SA is real, I think that guarantees Niko and probably CJ will play important roles in the story as well.

Only a GTA trailer can inspire such speculation.

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IkariNoTekken said:

@Ksaw: Wow, I remember that. There was so many rumours after that was posted.

@Ferros: It was discovered back in 2008 (after the release of GTA IV) on the Rockstar Social Club, fairly long time ago now so who knows if it actually links to GTA V.

Has Rockstar ever said anything about it?

@Potter9156: I really hope Niko doesn't play big a role in it. I like him but after playing for so long as him in GTA IV all I want is a cameo, maybe even less.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By cosi83

That trailer did nothing for me. Now GTA 4, that was a cool teaser trailer

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@Manhattan_Project: I don't believe they said anything unfortunately.

The speculation originally was that it was going to be part of the DLC for GTA IV; which is was not as that all that took place in Liberty City and only loosely linked to Niko. They created the ticket and placed it as part of the background for one of the pages on the Social Club site (see image, left).

No Caption Provided

It was obviously meant to create rumours and speculation (as Rockstar loves to do) but whether they already had plans for GTA V, who knows? Would certainly be interesting to have a cluster of the original protagonists all in one city. Would they play major roles or just make cameos? Can you imagine doing missions with them?!

Oh, there also seems to be suspicion about Packie McReary from GTA IV as he is seen boarding a plane at the end of 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'..hmm.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I don't hate IGN I only hate when they post something stupid, this actually was very cool. I didn't realise it was the same protagonist from GTA Vice City.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AngelN7

Actually it was awful , so that guy was CJ just cause he was the only black guy in there? it dosn´t make sense, he dosn´t look like CJ at all and why would be CJ be running from some cops dress like that when he was mad rich at the end of SA? also GTA IV reset the canon so none of the GTA III era charaters could be in five , one thing is to speculate other is to just spout random crap.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BionicRadd

@NTM said:

@Manhattan_Project: Yeah, I know. A lot of people are dumb (as mean as it sounds, it's true), and I go to IGN, so I keep up with the news. My point still stands that I can't believe they thought it was Ray Liotta's voice, it's apparent. Eh, I don't want to stress it.

If you arent overly familiar with Liotta, I could see it. I knew it wasnt him, right off, but I could see how someone might think it's him. It kinda sounds like someone doing an impression of him is what Im saying, I guess.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Is it me or is this game sounding like the most epic GTA game ever? 

My biggest game hype ever was that for GTA 4. I can feel it again!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Andorski

Some of their speculation has already been proven wrong (e.g. R* announced that it's not Ray Liotta in the trailer), but I like their catch on the trailer's emphasis on financial disparity. It's right up R*'s alley of pointing out failures in American society that are terribly obvious but widely ignored by its people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.