Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Any way of digitally preorder yet?

tomshreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I read that the game takes up two whole disks, retail version so that kind of made me wonder: will it be available to download the game on release date or we will all have to wait for our hard copy to arrive in the mail to play?

I'd preorder right now but I'm still unsure.

Also, since there's no PC option yet which should I chose? Based on some bad PS3 experience with Skyrim DLCs, etc I think I'll pick the 360 version. But on the other side, I play Last of Us and it plays nicely on it. Meh anyways, what do you think?

Any digital preorder yet?

Thanks and have a nice day!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

The 360 version is two discs, disc two is only used for a several gig install before you start the game. The PS3 version is one disc. There is no digital pre-order, and even if there was I think Sony has been the only console doing digital pre-orders this gen, nothing announced for GTA though.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Digital pre orders are the dumbest thing. Unless maybe you can download it before launch and then play it day one.

tomshreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscar__explosion said:

Digital pre orders are the dumbest thing. Unless maybe you can download it before launch and then play it day one.

That's what I usually do, while people wait to get their game the next morning, I start playing right at midnight as there's no stores willing to stay open this late near where I live.

Maybe they'll make an exception for GTA though, I heard they did one for *cough* COD *cough*.

Thanks for the replies!

tomshreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tomshreds

Update: Now it's possible to digitally pre-order via PSN. That brings me to the question:

In the past, weird stuff like Bethesda not being able to release DLCs for Skyrim on PS3 happened which worries me. Do you think PS3's version will be as good as 360's version?

I have both systems and love both, I play them all the time so it's just a question of game quality and delivery speed hehe

I pre-ordered using EB Games but I guess Digital Preorder would be so much faster since I'll be able to download it at midnight if I'm not mistaken. Any advice? Thanks!

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomshreds: Bethesda have always been clueless when it came to the PS3, also we have heard both versions seems to be running fine. I'd say pick the version where you prefer to play, maybe there will be some dumb timed exclusive DLC down the line but nothing has been announced.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can Preorder it digitally on Psn, but downloading an 8 gb file on Psn will probably take a few hours at least. Not to mention the thousands and thousands of others who'll be downloading it as well. This game if going to have a huge launch, I'd imagine if you live relatively close to any reputable games retailer they'll likely be selling the game at midnight.

tomshreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kpaadet said:

@tomshreds: Bethesda have always been clueless when it came to the PS3, also we have heard both versions seems to be running fine. I'd say pick the version where you prefer to play, maybe there will be some dumb timed exclusive DLC down the line but nothing has been announced.

You're right, I should get the one from the console I like to play the most.

@ksaw said:

You can Preorder it digitally on Psn, but downloading an 8 gb file on Psn will probably take a few hours at least. Not to mention the thousands and thousands of others who'll be downloading it as well. This game if going to have a huge launch, I'd imagine if you live relatively close to any reputable games retailer they'll likely be selling the game at midnight.

So much truth, I should have learnt from my other other pre-order in the past hehe

There's a Futureshop and an EB games near, I pre-ordered it from EB games but still if I could grab it a midnight I'd be very happy XD

---

There's ONE thing that prevents me from pre-ordering it on PS3:

- A few years ago I bought Red Dead Redemption on PS3 and I always had a lot of troubles playing it. It's SUPER laggy.

- I bought it once again on sale for 360, and it's working fine!

Bottom line: that's a Rockstar game, sufferingly laggy on PS3 but totally fine on 360.

I'm worried. Thanks all

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bottom line: that's a Rockstar game, sufferingly laggy on PS3 but totally fine on 360.

I'm worried. Thanks all

I remember RDR having issues, but two Rockstar games after that, L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, played perfectly fine on PS3. I'm also still having high hopes of Rockstar having claimed that bunch of those past trailers were real-time PS3 footage, unless they're throwing some pretty nasty lies at customers. But of course, it's your decision in the end!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.