Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Crash after install?

Spectrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So i installed from the install disc, it asks me to insert the play disc which i do, it then just crashed on "Loading story mode" Ive restarted twice and it does the same thing.

I installed on a 20gb microsoft hard drive.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TopCat88

Delete the install file from the dashboard and try it from scratch again?

Spectrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I formatted the drive, that will be enough right? See if it does it again.

Spectrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Installed/reformatted/cleared cache 4 times. I either get a crash at loading or "the game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device. Actually quite infuriating i now need to buy another hard drive after paying £45.99 for the game? wtf?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Maybe there's a problem with the disc? You should try to exchange it for different one. Not likely, but it could be it. And if that doesn't work buy a new HDD, I got a used 60 gig for $20 so you should easily be able to get a 20gig for very cheap.

Keep in mind, rumor is that the multiplayer update will take an additional 4 gigs to install

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This happened to me as well and it worked after I restarted the 360. That said, there are reports of the game not functioning well on 20gb HDs, so maybe take a look here?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.