Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA 5 TRAILER 11.02.2011

• 103 results
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By superfriend

@Matt:

Yeah, but the whole crux is the journey to this plotpoint/finale. Nico had survived the war in Yugoslavia without many scars. He seemed like a regular dude in the beginning of the game, but as it progressed you got to see the other side of the character more and more. Violent outbursts, little regard for human life, sometimes even little regard for his own life. Over the course of the game this led to various reeeeal bad scenarios and ultimately Nico changed a whole lot over the course of the game (or we could see more of his true persona).

The thing about the scene I think you described is: The guy you were hunting down, you were trying to blame for everything that went wrong is basically a different version of Nico himself- even down to the look. So Nico- and the player- sees this guy and sort of sees what he has become himself or what lay ahead if he kept on with his way of life. So I thought the choice of sparing his life made sense. Even a lot of the other choices made a lot of sense. They added some roleplaying into the whole thing. Don´t forget that you don´t have to kill hundreds of guys in this game. There´s always the option of just avoiding them or just taking out their legs for example. So -in a limited way- you can play your own version of Nico.

While I thought the story could have been told in a little more streamlined way and it lost some momentum sometimes, I still like it a whole lot. Guess it depends.. if you were looking for something like The Getaway, a completely serious crime story, you were probably disappointed by the goofy stuff in the game. The problems with mission design stemmed mostly from Rockstar playing it safe and not trying too much stuff with the missions. They got a little repetitive but didn´t have that many frustrating elements as a result.

No spoiler tags, since the game came out in 2008 :D

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By Cirdain

@Cincaid: Judging that the numeral has a background that similar to an american dollar and that the font is old timey like a bank note I think that this story will be you playing somebody working there way up the corporate ladder of the bank industry (and it turns out that they're more powerful than the mob). You probably get thrown into the mess against your will or by accident or be put in a situation were you had to do something bad, this would then make room for some rockstar trade mark emotion/writing which could be better but is still alright. With this power you'll at some-point take control of a section of this 'mob'-style insanity and give orders, get mad and get twitchy with temper (or the other-side if you want to be good). You play either an Indian, one of the latins or an American.

This is all guess-work ;)

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By matt

@Superfriend: I think you're giving the character of Nico too much credit but that's a interesting view to take. I think maybe I could find that story interesting but the games on again off again sense of humor coupled with Nico's back and forth view on having honor/loyalty all the time killing anyone he is asked to ruins it for me. The character comes across as mentally unstable and he may well be but then that makes all emotion and weight they try to add to his story null and void. For me it comes down to "Dude doesn't know what he wants. Demands one thing then does another. He's cray cray". I think the choice with Playboy X and Dwayne? (Can't remember) is interesting but that has little to do with Nico. I remember near the end of the game where you make a choice to either go kill a guy that has been on your back most of the game or do something for Roman that will get you some cash. I decided to go kill the guy as I thought it would be better to get him out of the way. Now the game read that as that I care more for the Irish woman than Roman and therefore she died in the wedding scene. The reality is I didn't, I barely spent any time with her other than what I had to progress the story. They killed off a character I had no connection with, spent no time with and Nico is crying like a crazy person when she dies. It made no sense for the way I was playing, It was one of those moments where I could see the inner workings of the game and it got it wrong. After saying all that I think GTA 4 is a good game but you look at the reviews and comments for it online you can see that GTA 4 is revered. Still one of the most highly rated games on Metacritic and I find that very odd.

Oh and I used a spoiler tag because I hate ruining games for people. People are constantly going back and playing older games for the first time I don't want to deprive them of the story reveals... but really yes you're right, people should of played it by now :D

Super_Yosh_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Super_Yosh_64

i can't wait

its gonna be awesome on the next gen systems

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.