Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA Online: Can't Connect At All, One Week Later

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By composite

I just tried connecting 10 times, and each time it displayed the same "failed to host gta online session" error. This is actually my first attempt to try GTA online since it launched, as I was hoping that with a little time this issue would be sorted out. Any one else experiencing this? Any things I can try to fix this? I'm on the PS3. This is real frustrating and real disappointing.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

It's because the government is shut down.

Seriously though, I dunno, I've been avoiding online because it's so broken.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@composite: It's been working here for a week or more. Funny thing is that since the last patch, or at least it's since then that I've noticed it, I'm getting short disconnects. Sometimes the first I notice is a small banner on the bottom left saying it's reconnected and saved.

I'm afraid I have no tips on how to get on. If the game is claiming that the servers are down then it would seem it's not your end. Still as a matter of habit you should of course check and double check everything. All cables plugged in, powered up, access to router enabled etc etc etc. Just in case it over reports the servers when actually it's a good old fashioned blocked port.

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just played The Last of Us factions with no problems whatsoever. If The Last of Us works flawlessly on my network, shouldn't GTA Online? This is really disappointing.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just tried to get on after not trying for about a week and a half. I still cant get on and I know it isnt me because I play FFXIV just fine. I cant even start the first tutorial mission.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not for me it has been working for me since launch.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sanious: Start messing with your network if you haven't yet, there might be some restrictions blocking GTA specifically and everything else works just fine.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah, at this point its been stable for a good week and a half or so. Its been working for longer than that by day 3 I managed to get in and start playing somewhat reliably.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.