Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

How is GTAV on Xbox One X?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just finished Red Dead Redemption and now I feel reinvigorated in my like for Rockstar games. I have the last gen version of GTAV, beat it, and put it down forever. I want to fuck around in it again though and the current gen version apparently is an actual enhanced version so I'll be getting that.

How is it on Xbox One X though? I read it doesn't have an X patch but it's gotta run better right? Or is it somehow better on PS4 Pro? How's first person mode?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I can't speak for the Xbox One X version aside from the fact it's not enhanced and that it does lack a few visual qualities that the PS4 has (like the amount of foliage you see). You will most likely get better load times if anything. What I can say is this though: GTA 5 on the Xbox 360 I thought was a great game, but disappointing and when I felt I did everything in it, I was done with it, not thinking twice about replaying any of it. When the remaster came out I bought it on the PS4 and it became one of my favorite open world games to date, in large part due to the first person mode actually. I love it. The visual enhancements are great too, though to tell the truth, the game has already aged a little since its release. I still play it every now and then. I played it a few months ago. If the Xbox One version is like the PS4 version, it'll run at a perfectly steady 30fps.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's upscaled to 4k, has forced 16x anisotropic filtering and runs at a more stable frame rate, so generally looks and feels slightly better. Other than that, no huge improvements.

It's not enhanced for the X so there's no HDR, no 4k rendering, no 60FPS.

Every game looks better on the X but the most impressive games are the ones that are enhanced.

oldgamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its fine

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.