Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

is there a character creation guide for the online

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

i have been messing around with the character creator for the online for a bit and quite frankly it could be the worst one i have ever used. there is no way to directly influence how your character looks and stat distribution is designated by how much i party. does anyone have a link to a guide or can put it in more direct terms such as " if you party more you get more stealth but your shooting goes down"

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You can see what stats change when you remove or add points to the various things. Sitting on your ass will increase stuff like driving and flying because you are sitting down to do those.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mrcraggle

It really does require a lot of tinkering. If you do a lot of illegal activity, your face will be pretty messed up with cuts and bruises. Like wise, if you party a lot or sit on your ass too much, your characters expression will also change from someone who lives a healthy lifestyle. Partying a lot seems to have the most negative impact though reducing a lot of stats and barely raising one. Sleeping a lot raises a number of stats but only slightly and takes up a lot if you increase it above 4.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yeah, this creation tool is horrible. I couldn't get my character to not look like an ugly moron with a goofy smile. The stats distribution thing wasn't abundantly clear, either, but the cosmetic stuff is what I really have a problem with.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Krullban

Yeah, this creation tool is horrible. I couldn't get my character to not look like an ugly moron with a goofy smile. The stats distribution thing wasn't abundantly clear, either, but the cosmetic stuff is what I really have a problem with.

Looks completely different in-game and you can change your expression.

DualFayte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DualFayte

What exactly does the character creator let you do? Can you at least give your dude some ballin' ass threads?

simkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By simkas

I think the creation system is great, I like it way more than any other game, I am so goddamn tired of messing with millions of sliders and manually putting random stuff into random stats. And I've been able to make a pretty decent looking female character pretty easily, I don't see a problem with that.

And I noticed that your character looks almost better in-game than in the creator.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@simkas said:

I think the creation system is great, I like it way more than any other game, I am so goddamn tired of messing with millions of sliders and manually putting random stuff into random stats. And I've been able to make a pretty decent looking female character pretty easily, I don't see a problem with that.

And I noticed that your character looks almost better in-game than in the creator.

Really? You think sliders are more confusing than the whole parents/grandparents thing? I'd rather be able to pick my appearance than have to go through countless permutations of parents and grandparents on both my mother and father's side to find a look that I like. You can barely even see what the parents and grandparents look like in those little windows. You'd think they would make that easier to see considering their appearance affects your character's. I was trying to make an asian person, but I couldn't tell who was asian and who wasn't because the character portraits are so small and low res. I'm not even sure there are asian parents/grandparents in the character creation. It also doesn't help that the character creation menu is slow as shit with noticeable delay just moving up and down through the different options.

It's the most interesting character creation process I've seen, but terrible from a user friendliness perspective. Unless my character can marry and have kids to pass on my genes and continue playing as them, then I don't see why you need to do character creation this way.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Let me go ahead and Google that for you....

Two threads about the GTA V character creator on the front page... coolness

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I hate the heritage part "it makes no sense" everything else is fine though...

OrdinaryPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My theory on why they did the character creation the way they did:

R* wants the players to look like normal people, not horrendous freaks/superheroes. That's where it usually turns rather quickly if you give players the power to adjust lip overbites, jaw thickness and eye depth/size etc. So this would be a compromise from them giving just a direct "list" of approved faces to choose from.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomeJerk

The stats don't matter much at all, but I did grab this from SA iirc:

[code]

Stamina Strength Flying Lungs \ / \ / \ / \ / |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| Asleep | + | | + | + | | | + | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| FaF | + | - | | | | + | | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| Sports | + | - | + | | | - | + | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| Legal | + | | | + | + | - | | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| Couch | - | | | | + | + | - | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| Party | - | + | - | + | - | | - | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| Illegal| | + | | | | + | - | |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| / \ / \ / \ Shooting Stealth Driving

[/code]

e: well scratch that, it looked perfect when I pasted it in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.