Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Rockstar says DO NOT install the play disc.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Well my day's ruined...or will it be my ears?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Yuck that sucks. Good thing I don't care and and am getting the PS3 version!

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I would have done if my PS3 didn't make even MORE noise, it's an 07 machine. I suppose it could be worse...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, this is probably a bummer if you have one of those older 360 models with a loud disc drive. Otherwise, I don't think it's an issue.

Considering how hard Rockstar is pushing these consoles, I'm sure they're utilizing some pretty advanced content streaming and caching.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably install the play disk anyways. I've seen a few games say "dont install it" thing before, its never a big deal. Pretty sure one of the Halo's said not to install it as well.

My 360 disk drive is so loud though, yeah, i'll take a slight preformance hit over playing with a jet engine in the room.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh well, I'll be wearing headphones anyway.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

It just seems to be some pop-in. Which makes sense. Like i said, It doesn't seem awful (not great either but ehhh), just weighing the sound of the drive vs. the pop-in.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about first disc installed to hard drive, second installed to an external drive? I think the main drive is using a USB pathway so it might be even worse if it just causes bus contention.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I would have done if my PS3 didn't make even MORE noise, it's an 07 machine. I suppose it could be worse...

Yea--my fan is pretty terrible. I really hope the XBox One and the PS4 are silent (from the reports the Xbox One is, haven't heard much about the PS4 though). Funny that my wife is really looking forward to the new consoles in the hope that they are more quiet for movie watching.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think installing each on separate device is the way to go, I have read reports that usb flash drives load games faster than a MS harddrive, so I'd put the play disc on that if i got the 360 version.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@jcgamer said:

@death_burnout said:

Yea--my fan is pretty terrible. I really hope the XBox One and the PS4 are silent (from the reports the Xbox One is, haven't heard much about the PS4 though). Funny that my wife is really looking forward to the new consoles in the hope that they are more quiet for movie watching.

My fat 80gb PS3 was the loudest thing ever. This weekend I decided to give that thermal paste replacement thing a shot in part as preparation for GTA V, and it's been a stupendous success. Watched a movie without the fan ever really kicking on when it used to go all the way to stage 3 from films alone.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this issue will probably exist in the PSN version of the game, right? That sucks.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So this issue will probably exist in the PSN version of the game, right? That sucks.

Exactly the question I have. Now I might have to get a retail version.... which means I might just get the 360 version.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@quipido: I was thinking the same thing. Kind of curious if it'll actually work out that way.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@quipido said:

I think installing each on separate device is the way to go, I have read reports that usb flash drives load games faster than a MS harddrive, so I'd put the play disc on that if i got the 360 version.

This apparently works. Main install on HDD and install the "play" disc on USB.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By alternate

@quipido said:

This apparently works. Main install on HDD and install the "play" disc on USB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.