Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Rumour: GTA V coming to next-gen in June

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Rumors of next-gen and PC releases for the best-selling Grand Theft Auto V have been floating around since long before the game even launched, but after months of silence from Rockstar, most of us had given up hope for an announcement anytime soon. It’s not much to go on, but considering how long it’s been since the gossip died down, we figured this potential leak was worth covering. TECH-NICK, manager of German retailer Saturn.de, said in a tweet that the release of GTA V for PC, Xbox One and PS4 is expected in June. He clarified in another tweet that the release information is only a rumor. Hopefully we’ll hear more at E3, which also happens to take place in June.

BGR: Grand Theft Auto V rumored to be landing on PS4, Xbox One and PC in June

This has me wondering though, of how much of a next-gen port is this gonna be? Like, is it just gonna be better lighting, or also better textures? I'm guessing this would make a good summer game to come out, and sell way more than any Fall 2014 game. It doesn't even have to compete with CoD this time. Although, the DLC hasn't got announced yet, so I'm hoping it wouldn't come with that.. Hm.

Flying Trevor's plane was probably my favorite part.. Thoughts?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

I'm sure it'll look and run better but man, I don't think I could bring myself to play this game again.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but I doubt there's anyone who's gonna be super psyched about it, unless they announce heist DLC at the same time. I would also not be surprised if, when/if this is announced, it triggered the appearance of Bioshock Infinite levels of backlash. I admit, I still pop into the online every once in a while just to drive around, but yeesh. The multiplayer in that game is kind of fucked.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure it'll look NS run better but man, I don't think I could bring myself to play this game again.

I'm always up for just flying or driving around in GTA:V. This is one of those timeless games. Imagine remote play on VITA™!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why would I trust a German on anything?!

/'murica

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

it's been over 6 months, so yes it's about time to see that console exclusivity end.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I look forward to trying this without all the jaggies, might even give the online a fair shot if it comes to a better system.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but I doubt there's anyone who's gonna be super psyched about it, unless they announce heist DLC at the same time. I would also not be surprised if, when/if this is announced, it triggered the appearance of Bioshock Infinite levels of backlash. I admit, I still pop into the online every once in a while just to drive around, but yeesh. The multiplayer in that game is kind of fucked.

There's at least me. I didn't play it specifically because I wanted a PC release. PC/next gen, even better.

Backlash like "the game wasn't good after all"? I still don't get that.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It would be really cool of them if they released the multiplayer and campaign separately for a reduced cost....just as an option.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

In my dreams the PC version of gta5 will come with a free pc version of Red Dead Redemption as well. Anyway if gta5 comes to pc I will buy it day 1

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ehhhh I'd maybe buy it again if it was like $20.

Also how many different rumors have there been for this re-release goddamn.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if there will be some kind of digital upgrade path. This is an easy no at $60 but at $20 I might be tempted to jump back in and tool around.

Definitely not going to replay that whole story though. So long and with relatively few highlights. GTA V was a weird game for me. I played a lot until I finished and then it kind of evaporated in my mind so that when I hear about it it takes me a minute to remember that I actually did play and finish it. Left very little impression compared to something like GTA IV or even smallish games like Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

June seems awfully close without any official announcement. GTA 5 would be a big enough game that they'd want to announce a few months before hand to at least build some hype.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Honestly, I don't even care about the game. GTA IV bored me to tears. I just want it to be released on PC so the console fanboys can already shut up and stop using the "butt teh GATV! consoles are bettur!" argument.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15  Edited By Humanity

I wonder if they'll ever integrate those heists into Online

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ksaw

@joeyravn said:

Honestly, I don't even care about the game. GTA IV bored me to tears. I just want it to be released on PC so the console fanboys can already shut up and stop using the "butt teh GATV! consoles are bettur!" argument.

I've never seen or heard of anyone trying to use any GTA release in any sort of "consoles are bettur!" argument.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could play the shit outta a ps4 version if they improve the framerate, draw distance, add more interiors, more tracks and tv shows

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By xyzygy

Awesome. Haven't played it yet and would definitely prefer to play it on next gen. Also, hey it's a Saturn! I go there!

@ksaw said:

@joeyravn said:

I've never seen or heard of anyone trying to use any GTA release in any sort of "consoles are bettur!" argument.

Me either. If anything it's the PC people always saying "PC is better".

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if I can't trust Tech-Nick, who can I trust really?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah fuck, im part of the problem, but ill totally buy these rereleases.

holding out to hopefully get a dark souls/demon souls hd rerelease.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All GTAV did for me was marvel at how far Rock star was able to push those last gen consoles. Makes me excited to see what they'll be able to do on current gen

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've haven't played it in a while, but is the matchmaking still so supremely terrible that you can never get a game more than half full?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'd gleefully give another $60 for this. Playing at 60fps 1080p with proper AA and a texture bump would be GREAT.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlexGBRO

@narujoe93: well you will have to wait it 3/4 years for a new next rockstar north game

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexgbro said:

@narujoe93: well you will have to wait it 3/4 years for a new next rockstar north game

sure, but rockstar has a bunch of competent studios that could utilize their updated RAGE engine. Max Payne 3 looked even better than GTAV (for the obvious reason of it being a linear third person shooter), and that was rockstar Toronto. Im confident san diego could make an amazing looking game as well.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@narujoe93: yeah true i'm sure there will be a roackstar game in 2015 (the san diego studio maybe), one fun fact is that rockstart has had a game in each year for al least 6/7 years now

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Not gonna happen by June, guarantee it.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On better hardware, the online mode has the potential to be something truly great.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IroN1c

As a German I hate to spoil the party, but:

"Tech-Nick" is just an advertising character, used in bad, unfunny commercials for an electronics chain. He's no "manager" or anything. Hell, even the name is just a bad play of words on the German word for electronics, which is "Technik". See what they did there? And the supposedly funny thing about him is that he doesn't talk, but he does Tweet. OH GOD IT'S SO BAD. See for yourself:

Loading Video...

As a side note, I really, really love GTA V and I'm one of the weird people that enjoyed GTA Online. So I hope this is true.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#30  Edited By Humanity

@iron1c: GTAV Online was rad when you got friends to play with and the matchmaking actually worked

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

just wonder how active and large the PC community is going to be and hope that they will work on hack prevention because GTA4 never really had good online support

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xyzygy

How is GTA online bad? Can anyone explain it to me?

@iron1c In another tweet he's saying that they're just rumours, and that the company knows next to nothing about this, and that he'll keep people informed if anything gets revealed.

I believe it will come. There's no way Rockstar will wait another 5-6 years to develop another one when they just released one not even a year ago. Porting it over would be awesome.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: it's got a pretty shitty community, but it can be really fun in a private game with your friends.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I can't even get my ass through the game a first time, it's so bleh, also I was playing the other day and saying to myself, if this were a good Saint's Row(I think SRIV is shit)I'd be done with this long long ago. I have owned all the GTA games that aren't on a portable system or the expansion packs and I have never finished any of them, I did this with Halo as well, I didn't buy Halo 4 though. Anyway, I hope it doesn't go next gen and PC just so I can see more threads about the possibility. :P

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just improve the loading times and online functionality.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I still haven't played it waiting just for this announcement. Hopefully the rumor's true.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@xyzygy: it's got a pretty shitty community, but it can be really fun in a private game with your friends.

If you're talking about getting killed by other players well... its GTA that is sort of half of the point. You steal, kill and inch your way to the top of the food chain any way possible.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lukeweizer

Nothing says "NEXT-GEN" like "old-gen".

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@joeyravn said:

I've only ever heard of PC gamers raising a stink about how much better it could look on PC. I've never had anyone who games exclusively on consoles lord GTA5 over me to make their platform of choice seem better.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this why rockstar hasnt announced a game for this year? Shouldnt they be gearing up for an announcement for next years game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.