Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

This will launch with Wii U

• 57 results
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By toowalrus

@DeF: Some people think it will be wired, because the ones they were showing at e3 were wired. It's probably because having like 30 wireless Wii-U prototype controllers all sending out wireless signals in one place at the same time was potential for disaster, and probably not a sign of their final design choice.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By blueduck

Nintendo is going to do the same thing it did with gamecube and wii. It's going to have some third party ports of games you can already play BUT with tacked on gimmicks. The reason Nintendo feels like it has to say and promise these things is because it wants to keep its name in line with the other console makers so it can keep some air of legitimacy, even if it's just hanging on my a thread. The Wii U is going to come out and be a little bit more expensive than the 360 and ps3 however when those companies launch their new consoles 1-2 years down the road, which Nintendo is banking on, parents will overwhelmingly buy the Wii U for their children because it will be WAY cheaper and still be considered "next gen" like the Wii was with the 360 and ps3.

Frankly I'm a little amazed that there are people who actually believe there are tons of people out there that will buy a Wii U and spend hundreds of dollars to play a game they can already play on something they own. Nintendo doesn't even believe that.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By BionicRadd

@DeF said:

@BionicRadd said:

@DeF said:

@valrog said:

Doesn't Wii U have like... a terrible control scheme for that kind of game? I'm not really up to date here, the only thing I remember is that giant screen as a controller...

it's a regular controller with all your usual buttons PLUS a touch screen. so no, nothing terrible about that.

No Caption Provided

you obviously can't see the shoulder buttons, but they're there.

Yep, one person per Wii U gets to use that admittedly awesome controller. If Nintendo reverses that asinine decision and makes it wireless, I'll be interested in a Wii U, even if getting a second controller costs me a hundred bucks.

There is SO much misinformation out there. Why would you think it's NOT wireless? Of course it's wireless, anything else would defeat the whole point. Also, that "only one controller" thing is something they have already clarified many times because of all that confusion - they said it could very well support multiple touch-controllers and they are still working out if that's possible or not.

No, i knew that about it being wireless. My mind was just fuzzy when i posted. If they reverse themselves on the 1 controller only thing, Ill definitely be more interested. I could see that controller being a lot of fun for multiplayer games.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By DeF

@TooWalrus said:

@DeF: Some people think it will be wired, because the ones they were showing at e3 were wired. It's probably because having like 30 wireless Wii-U prototype controllers all sending out wireless signals in one place at the same time was potential for disaster, and probably not a sign of their final design choice.

Controllers for all systems are wired at these events.

1. to prevent theft

2. because they are running the whole day and need power to do that

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By mariokart64fan

wow some one really is too quick on the gun , who may that be fore then calling wii somthing i believe is against the tos so i wont use the word he just used,

let me point somthing out for you,

nintendo is not a stranger to violent games dispite all the myths , lets look at some of their best games not related to mario zelda metroid etc

goldeneye 007!

doom 64

turok the dinorsuar hunter,

conker bad fur day

mortal kombat

plus even the wii has some naughty games

madworld conduit redsteel goldeneye again , so how about trying to use logic before making claims that make us think nintendo wont have it,

i think it does need to be on wii u ,

for obvious reasons , - 1 driver 5 was released on the nintnedo wii with no competition , -why would rockstar miss an opertunity to get their name on nintendo , the competitor did it, 2 wii u is a new console needs games right?

and so what if people have a 360 ps3 what if making it for the wii u makes it better! what if that happened! you gonna get mad , cause rockstar choose to make a wii u game face it everything is possible, especally when we dont have a release date

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By solarisdeschain

I love all this idiotic 'herp derp i dont care what anyone says wiiu is not hte start of the next generation" bullshit. It's video games for God's sake, chill the fuck out.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Im just hoping for PC release, unless next Xbox out this holidays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.