Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Where are the single player expansions?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This game will have been out for two years in a couple of months. Still no solid word on the single player story expansions. Ya I get that everyone and their brother/sister/mother/father like the online stuff and there have been DLC for the online. But what about us that don't care about the online? What happened to our expansions they talked about back in 2013? By this time GTA IV had two large single player expansions out.They seemed more head strong on trying to push these damn shark cards for online than anything else.

Are these even coming anymore, or should I just forget out that idea and move on.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Unfortunately I think the focus is on GTA Online, that's the money maker + a mode that still seems to need a lot of developmental work.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't know if they are ever coming. They did great with the stuff for IV but I think it wasn't a good return for them. I think they could do better now but alas I think there's not going to be anything.

I think they have just gone with online instead, like @unsolvedparadox says above. There is an audience for the multiplayer.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

God I just loath most of these online experiences that are made for single player games. I will never be convinced the multiplayer for Uncharted, GTA, or even Mass Effect was a smart allocation of resources.

All I wanted was single player content for that game, so the entire two years of online DLC has just soured me.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shawn Fonteno (Franklin) posted a picture on Instragram of himself in a motion caption suit with the text "You all know why I'm wearing this". I'd say it's all but confirmed. Guessing you'll see it around this holiday season.

HarrySound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know if they are ever coming. They did great with the stuff for IV but I think it wasn't a good return for them. I think they could do better now but alas I think there's not going to be anything.

I think they have just gone with online instead, like @unsolvedparadox says above. There is an audience for the multiplayer.

Problem is, GTA IV seemed amazing when it came out but has aged so badly I now think it's one of the worst games i've ever played! I never finished it but bought the first content pack and continued to not finish that too.

GTA V nailed almost everything it was trying to do and I think far far more people would be willing to jump back into a 10 hour single player mega expansion.

The online stuff is something I actually like and have spent a lot of time with but the people who play that game are THE WORST OF HUMANITY. Horrible people! Badly dressed too.

The main problem with the online is actually trying to PLAY the damn game. I just can not get anywhere. I timed it once and it took 8 mins from boot up to finding a job and moving my avatar within it. That was a good day. Sometimes I can be in there for an hour and still not find anything to connect too other than the lobby.

Heists ruined all the random match making and there's nothing more frustrating than doing those heist with THE WORST OF HUMANITY!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@harrysound: I'm not saying they shouldn't. I really liked IV and the DLC was great for it (I really liked Lost and Damned and how it tied into V). I think the Undead Nightmare expansion for Red Dead is awesome too. It's disappointing that it seems like we won't get anything. There is a chance they release something of a substantial expansion type release at this point but I think they might just have moved on to other stuff.

@legion_: that would be good news. Could get me to buy it on PC.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA Online has always been a mess. The only length of time I really put into it was to level my character up to 100 using an exploit that was available at the time in a CTF mode, in spite of Rockstar. But I guess any time I put into it can't really be in spite of them.

I bet if they didn't have to worry about making that online mode, the story (or at least the ending) for the main game wouldn't have been so disappointing. Maybe.

Avatar image for sepulturafanboy89
    Sepulturafanboy89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always played grand theft auto games for their story and characters it still baffles me how much success the online stuff has been and how much of an uproar there was when the online heist weren't released. Having said that I played gets v and did not enjoy a large portion of it, the heists always seem to me like a gimmick and thought that they weren't woven too great into the story. And a lot of the characters in it fell flat to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.