Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto

Franchise »

Grand Theft Auto is a sandbox-violence game, that has drawn attention all over the world, and has pretty much become one of the most noticeable criminal-sandbox franchises ever.

Can anyone tell me how the trilogy is on PS4?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm curious. I have Vice City on PS2, and PC, as well as San Andreas and three on PC as well; that said, I don't really want to play those versions all that much, and San Andreas awkwardly runs like crap on my PC. I'm just wondering if anyone has played any of these games on PS4, and what they thought of them. Also, do they support Dolby Digital? I never beat any of the older GTA's (or Chinatown Wars for that matter), though I pretty much have every single GTA that exists. I've always wanted to get through the trilogy, but the lack of check pointing, including the archaic controls now are big turns offs, even though I love them otherwise. That said, I'd be willing to get the trilogy, and try to get through them again if they're worth getting.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

I have San Andreas on PS4, and it's pretty much what you'd expect. Very straightforward upscaled port of the PS2 version, plus the standard PS4 features and an improved framerate. Since you're having issues with the PC version (me too, which is why I bought it on PS4), this is the second best option.

And yeah, the difficulty is still a pain in the dick.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: Cool, thanks. Any idea whether it supports Dolby Digital?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ntm: I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Can't check at the moment, unfortunately.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: That's okay, thanks anyways.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say as to whether they run Dolby Digital but they did receive a damn good upscale job. I only played Vice City and III but they look great. The only thing I can say for them is they did alter them a bit. I know for sure in Vice City that they took out some songs and got rid of the more graphic things such as the blood splatter on screen from chainsaws and other melee weapons. I believe they also censored some content that relates to races, i.e. I don't believe Haitians and Cubans are called those respective terms as well as changed some of the weapons like the tear gas are now grenades. The radio chatter on the police radio is now just mumbles and not coherent speak. I got them because they were some of my favorite games back in the day and I am also a trophy whore. I think these are a good value but like I said they are not 1-1 to the original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.