Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto

Franchise »

Grand Theft Auto is a sandbox-violence game, that has drawn attention all over the world, and has pretty much become one of the most noticeable criminal-sandbox franchises ever.

Road Trip

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

In December 2011 my brother and I took a road trip for Christmas. First, we drove from North Carolina to Washington, D.C., then from there to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and from there to Kansas to visit our mom. Usually when we take trips I fill up my phone with old Bombcasts, but I've heard most of them at least two or even three times now, so I needed to find something different. I don't listen to any other podcasts and generally don't like to listen to music anymore (unless it's a soundtrack I can associate with some experience I had, like a game or movie), but I wanted something that wouldn't easily be tuned out to make the drives seem shorter. This meant I needed people having conversations, and the only thing that came to mind that would be suitable for both my brother and I was the talk radio stations from the Grand Theft Auto series. So along with Giant Bomb's Game of the Year 2009 deliberations (my brother hadn't completed Uncharted 2 when the podcast was first released), I placed Chatterbox FM from GTA III, V-Rock from Vice City (has some good music along with more Lazlow), West Coast Talk Radio from San Andreas, and Integrity 2.0 from GTA IV on to my phone. It didn't take my brother long to realize what we were listening to.

None of the subsequent talk radio stations were as good as Chatterbox FM

We're about to take another road trip in September after he returns from Afghanistan and I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

Do you do anything in particular for long road trips, or do you just listen to the radio?

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In December 2011 my brother and I took a road trip for Christmas. First, we drove from North Carolina to Washington, D.C., then from there to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and from there to Kansas to visit our mom. Usually when we take trips I fill up my phone with old Bombcasts, but I've heard most of them at least two or even three times now, so I needed to find something different. I don't listen to any other podcasts and generally don't like to listen to music anymore (unless it's a soundtrack I can associate with some experience I had, like a game or movie), but I wanted something that wouldn't easily be tuned out to make the drives seem shorter. This meant I needed people having conversations, and the only thing that came to mind that would be suitable for both my brother and I was the talk radio stations from the Grand Theft Auto series. So along with Giant Bomb's Game of the Year 2009 deliberations (my brother hadn't completed Uncharted 2 when the podcast was first released), I placed Chatterbox FM from GTA III, V-Rock from Vice City (has some good music along with more Lazlow), West Coast Talk Radio from San Andreas, and Integrity 2.0 from GTA IV on to my phone. It didn't take my brother long to realize what we were listening to.

We're about to take another road trip in September after he returns from Afghanistan and I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

Do you do anything in particular for long road trips, or do you just listen to the radio?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By VoshiNova

Chatterbox was the best!

It's kind of funny, but I do the exact same thing. I'm taking a road trip from California (san diego) to Austin, TX this weekend and downloaded all of the GTA IV talk stations. n_n small world

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

If I were to take a long road trip, I would just fill up an MP3 player with quite a variety of music and a handful of podcasts here and there.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

Well I don't drive, but when I go for long trips wit my family I just listen to bombcasts mixed with music.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EuanDewar

I liked digital choc or whatever it was called cause it had a bangin track list

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeeGee

Chatterbox was ridiculously short, after an hour in the game it had already started looping.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Audiobooks, podcasts and plenty of music.

Oh and wear comfy clothes and such, no need to be uncomfortable during such a trip.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VoshiNova: Nice!

@DeeGee: Yeah, that's why I was sure to put the other ones on too.

MildlyPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MildlyPsycho

I recommend going www.thisyearcollection.org . They put together huge chunks of best of podcasts (like 5-6 hours) and made my summer drive to northern Wisconsin fly by. There are great bombcast best ofs, but also classic hot spot shows with the guys and other collections.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MildlyPsycho: Awesome! I went ahead and bookmarked it. Thanks for the link!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.