Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grandia II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 03, 2000

Born of different worlds, woven together by fate, each shall rise to face their destiny.

Any Good?

sanchopanza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sanchopanza

I saw the PC version of this today at a local game store and was thinking of picking it up. Was wondering if the game itself is worth picking up and playing and more specifically the PC version as I know the PC ports of console games arent always that good.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By StingerMK2

one of my favourite JRPGs, played it on the PC too, i remember it playing great, its been a long time though

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rubberluffy

It is a great game, but I've read in a few places that the PC version has graphical issues and a number of freezing/crashing problems.  Maybe there is an unofficial patch for it by now, I don't know.  I only have the PS2 version, and that is kind of a mess.  Major slowdowns and graphical glitches and a few freezes.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jimi

I played it on the pc, it is a great game. It was years ago though so I can't remember if there were any issues.

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MelficeVKM

There may be a patch for it, but the PC version has some pretty big issues (for example, a certain NPC not doing an action to progress the game, leaving you stuck there and having to reset is a notorious one).

That being said, the game is rad. If you can grab a patch then by all means!

Max422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Max422

@rubberluffy said:

It is a great game, but I've read in a few places that the PC version has graphical issues and a number of freezing/crashing problems. Maybe there is an unofficial patch for it by now, I don't know. I only have the PS2 version, and that is kind of a mess. Major slowdowns and graphical glitches and a few freezes.

I completed the PC version 3 times, never met these problems, it worked fine for me. But that's a long time ago, played it on XP, I don't know whether it works fine on Win7.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zyn

last time I played it was on the PS2. It's good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.