Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GRID 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 27, 2013

The sequel to the original "reboot" of the TOCA Race Driver series, GRID (known as Racedriver: GRID outside of the US). It uses the same EGO 3.0 Engine which was used in Dirt 3 and employs a brand new system called "TrueFeel" which provides a balance between accessibility and realism.

THE RACE RETURNS!!

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By shiftymagician

Original Site: http://www.theracereturns.com/

Codemasters Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/codemasters (should help to clarify that this is not a prank trailer)

There's little that needs to be said here except FUCK YEEEEEEAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I was always wondering when a new installment would be made since the first GRID was so much fun to me and looked fantastic. Glad to see the wait will soon be over. Here's hoping to another good GRID game.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I'm kind of getting Codemasters fatigue. It'll just be more of the same in a different environment with different cars like it's always been. GRID to Showdown all are the same base game with changes here and there.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shiftymagician

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

I'm kind of getting Codemasters fatigue.

It's mainly due to all the Dirt games right? If that's the case I know what you mean (please correct me if I'm wrong). I tried Dirt 2 but was not a fan of their general direction of making rally racing a lower focus in favour of adding a bunch of other events that I couldn't grow to like. Totally skipped 3 and Showdown so I don't really have that fatigue myself.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bell_End

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

I'm kind of getting Codemasters fatigue. It'll just be more of the same in a different environment with different cars like it's always been. GRID to Showdown all are the same base game with changes here and there.

but is that not what motor racing is. different cars on different tracks. how do you do that differenty.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

So... 8.8.12, thats like in 5 days. Do they mean thats when the press release will hit or thats when the game is out? Cause it's insane if they release the game with absolutely zero-fanfare.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@Bell_End said:

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

but is that not what motor racing is. different cars on different tracks. how do you do that differenty.

It doesn't really have to be so different. I just wish they didn't pump these out, in same cases, twice a year. To be fair though, it's not just Codemasters, it's pretty everyone now. But you know what, it's cool that they're bring GRID back, it's actually the franchise I prefer over Dirt and F1.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

8.8.12... you mean like a stealth release of a major racing game? Or does that date mark the beginning of their hype one-year hype cycle?

Because I might be up for some GRID. Didn't get the first one for some reason, but I loved the demo very much.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shiftymagician

@Humanity said:

So... 8.8.12, thats like in 5 days. Do they mean thats when the press release will hit or thats when the game is out? Cause it's insane if they release the game with absolutely zero-fanfare.

I assume the date marks the official announcement of their game along with a proper trailer, then their marketing cycle begins for this game. It would be insane for them to suddenly say "Surprise! GRID 2 on sale now!".

kn00tcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By kn00tcn

@ShiftyMagician said:

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

I'm kind of getting Codemasters fatigue.

It's mainly due to all the Dirt games right? If that's the case I know what you mean (please correct me if I'm wrong). I tried Dirt 2 but was not a fan of their general direction of making rally racing a lower focus in favour of adding a bunch of other events that I couldn't grow to like. Totally skipped 3 and Showdown so I don't really have that fatigue myself.

wait what, why would you skip 3 when that's the one that focused on rally compared to 2

& well, 1 had way too many repeating circuit tracks... when i look back on it, it was never just a rally game/franchise

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.