Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GRID Legends

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 25, 2022

GRID returns with a full cinematic story mode.

The first gameplay footage is revealed!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there cinematic motorsport fans

Ok, the developer has finally revealed their gameplay footage, this reminds me of Project Gotham Racing 4 and Driveclub.

My short thoughts:
    I guess this game is going to be an improvement over GRID 2019 in terms of career mode and driving model.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

The only game I've tried of this series was Race Driver Grid way back when during the Wii/PS3/360 era. I was under the impression that this Codemasters subseries is in the simcade corner of racing games.

I haven't touched the follow ups in this series. Neither 2, Autosport, or [The] GRID. This one interests me because of the neat story mode they are cooking up. Sports stories can be so good!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eribuster: I hope the plot is going to be good.

To me, the GRID franchise's sub-genre is more leaning towards the arcade.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gameplay is finally revealed!

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Ooo, game looking sharp.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gtxforza
    @eribuster said:

Ooo, game looking sharp.

I agree but the only problem for me, it mainly shows up one-make car racing rather than having multiple models and manufacturers for each race apart from Truck vs Volkswagen Beatle.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By whitegreyblack

I thought the first bit of gameplay I watched looked way more arcade-y than I expected. It's such a tough line to tread between arcade/simcade/simulation and I'm not sure whether what I've seen sits in that spectrum in away that will make me jump in.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#8 Nodima  Online

These are not the sorts of cars I think are cool from the five or six minutes I watched, but I know that's not the whole game. The last time I played a GRID game was...I think...GRID 2? Maybe it was another GRID reboot - they [ut it on PS+ for PS3, in any case. Also the last racing game I played that wasn't Burnout Paradise. I really, really enjoyed it, had a very fun balance of arcade and sim for me and it seemed to move pretty quickly from types of cars and race styles.

The schlocky story mode has my eye on this one, as well as some pretty impressive looking graphics (but it's a card game, so what's new?) That said, seemed a little weird when they started talking about that E.V. boost mode, sounded more like Mario Kart or Wipeout or something than a racer featuring real cars and courses (or are the courses all fake in this?)

Avatar image for inspectorfowler
    inspectorfowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wish the ”big games” would incorporate more of a sim/story element like this.

A career mode that involves starting small, like carts, and working your way up would be fantastic. Along the way, picking up mechanics, crew chiefs, a track crew so you have radio, sponsors, etc. as things get more intense. Rivals that behave in specific ways, forcing you to learn how to beat certain racing techniques to place above them.

I even love games that don’t require you to place first every damn race. I recently got back into F1 and somebody got on the podium who hasn’t gotten on the podium since 2014, and he still gets to be an F1 driver and is considered a very successful racer.

I’ll have to see what the gameplay in this is actually like but I encourage any game that gets you into the off track experience and also makes the real races more...well…”real”. Racing isn’t hotlapping in front of a pack of robots in a car all by yourself. It’s a massive team effort even in kart racing and games like this get me excited.

Side note, the official WRC games do at least some of this and I enjoy it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.