Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GTI Club+: Rally Côte d'Azur

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 15, 2009

An enhanced remake of the original GTI Club for PlayStation Network featuring HD textures.

Suprisingly Awesome Demo - Excited!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

For those of you in Europe or with a European account you might have skipped over the GTI Club+ demo excusing it as something you weren't really interested in. I know I did; I knew the game was coming and was aware of the fanbase of the original but... couldn't be arsed to download it to be honest.

Whilst waiting for the postman to bring Resistance 2 this morning I thought "What the hell!" and gave it a go. It's actually very, very good. The kinda racing games I like. Blue skies, toy-shaped cars, skiddy cars the final product is going to be awesome.

But at the same time it's going to depend on how many people pick it up and play it online. This doesn't have the Wipeout branding so I'm scared many people are going to share my original reaction and think "meh...." but seriously I urge you to try the demo at the very least.

Trophy support and lots of online modes planned. Loads of car skins and Playstation Eye support.

Looks set to be another great "almost-full" game release on the PSN to sit next to Siren, Wipeout and Quest For Booty.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx

Ohh, I've been wanting to play this. The arcade version was good fun and I got really interested in the PSN release once I heard that Sumo Digital was behind it. Yum.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By samcotts

I was excited when I first saw gameplay footage for GTI Club, but decided against downloading the demo earlier today for some strange reason. I'll download it now, thanks to you.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    samcotts said:
    "I was excited when I first saw gameplay footage for GTI Club, but decided against downloading the demo earlier today for some strange reason. I'll download it now, thanks to you."
    And Samcotts has confirmed via PSN messages that he is in fact addicted ;)
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... Eurogamer's exceedingly pretentious review is innnn. 7/10. Very good apparently. Not quite the bang for the buck you get with Wipeout HD. But still very good.

It's gonna be out on Thursday for Europeans that give a shit. I still beg of you all to try the demo. This is a game that will be made by full online servers and if everyone overlooks it, that's not going to happen!

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By samcotts

I think I'll buy this in January, if at all. The demo is brilliant, I'm just worried that the multiplayer won't kick off. I'll wait to see what the reaction is like, and going by this thread, not many people are fussed about GTI Club.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.