The GTR 2: FIA GT Racing Game wiki last edited by dougzimmerer on 09/26/16 06:31PM
View full history
GTR 2 is the sequel to GTR that simulates the 2003 and 2004 seasons FIA GT Championship.
GTR 2 added two major features from first game. First, was dynamic real time night/day transitions that allows for seamless transition from day to night and night to day. The previous game required the game to be paused while the new time of day was loaded. The second major addition was extensive driving school feature that explained the basics and many in depth driving techniques, and driving coaching for each stock track.
GTR 2 is based on the isiMotor engine by ISI and includes a similar physics engine, but with different multiplayer code.
- Zhuhai International Circuit,
- Hockenheim (GP, National, International),
- Barcelona (GP, National),
- Oschersleben (2003, 2004, b course),
- Brno (2003, 2004),
- Donington Park (2003, 2004, National),
- Valencia (GP, National, Long),
- Dubai (GP, Club, National, International),
- Enna Pergusa,
- Anderstorp (GP, South),
- Spa-Francorchamps (2003, 2004),
- Monza (2003, 2004, Junior),
- Magny Cours (2003, 2004, National).
All of the real life cars of the FIA GT series 2003 and 2004 season are included. Which includes:
- BMW M3 GTR
- BMW Z3 M
- Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
- Chrysler Viper CC
- Chrysler Viper GTS-R
- Ferrari 360 GTC
- Ferrari 360 Modena
- Ferrari 550 Maranello
- Ferrari 575 GTC
- Gillet Vertigo
- Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
- Lister Storm
- Lotus Elise
- Maserati MC12
- Morgan Aero 8
- Mosler MT900R
- Nissan 350Z
- Porsche 911 Biturbo
- Porsche 993 GT2
- Porsche 996 GT3 Cup
- Porsche 996 GT3-RS
- Porsche 996 GT3-RSR
- Saleen S7-R
- SEAT Toledo GT
- TVR T400R
The game was very modable because the engine used was a modified version of the ISI's isiMotor engine used in the very popular and moddable rFactor. A lot of mods were released for both rFactor and GTR 2. Some of the mods released for GTR 2 include:
- F1 2009: All Cars from the 2009 Formula One Season.
- F1 2008: All Cars from the 2008 Formula One Season.
- Power and Glory: features authentic GT racing from the 1960s and 1970s. (Converted from GT Legends)
- V8 Supercars 2006: features V8 Supercars championship in Australia.
- World Super GT: features 7 GT cars - Aston Martin DBR9, Aston Martin DBRS9, Ferrari F50 GT, Ferrari FXX, Maserati Trofeo Light, McLaren F1 GTR Longtail and Ultima GTR. Completed in high quality.
- SCC Prototype mod v2.41: Features Le Mans Prototypes such as the Zytek 045, the MG Lola EX257, and the Audi R8R. and the (LMP1 and LMP2) from 1998-2008
- Champcar 2005/2006: Features all the cars off the Champcar 2005 and 2006 season, converted from rFactor by RMi
- F1 1979: Features all the cars and some tracks of the 1979 formula 1 season, converted from rFactor by RMi, a beta has been released, featuring 4 cars.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/Seven
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: DX8.1 comp. video card/64 MB
- DirectX®: 8.1
- Hard Drive: 3 GB HD space
- Sound: DX8.1 comp. sound card
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Pentium IV or AMD
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: DX9.0c comp. video card/256 MB
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 3 GB HD space
- Sound: DX9.0 comp. sound card