Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GTR

Franchise »

A sim racing franchise featuring GT class race cars, developed by Sector3 Studios AB.

This franchise is coming back!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motorsport fans

Ian Bell, the former chef of Slightly Mad Studios (The studio behind Project Cars & Need For Speed Shift series), has announced the long-awaited new installment for this Sim Racing franchise! So I wonder what sort of cars will be included like DTM for example.

As I know, the first two installments had FIA GT Licensing.

Article: GTR Revival set to be a spiritual sim racing successor to GTR 2 | Traxion

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not holding my breath on this one. GTR3 vanished into nothing. Also, it's kind of a crowded marketplace now.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't play the first two games but watching gameplay of it the 2nd looks really fun, i haven't found my way into extreme hardcore sims though as i don't intend on getting a wheel and pedals, if it doesn't control well with an Xbox pad i'm out.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtxforza
    @shindig said:

I'm not holding my breath on this one. GTR 3 vanished into nothing. Also, it's kind of a crowded marketplace now.

I remembered GTR 3 was announced back in 2011, its website had a teaser then many years later, no news about it, oh well.

@cikame said:

I didn't play the first two games but watching gameplay of it the 2nd looks really fun, I haven't found my way into extreme hardcore sims though as I don't intend on getting a wheel and pedals, if it doesn't control well with an Xbox pad I'm out.

I totally agree that GTR 2 – FIA GT Racing Game looks totally fun to play, hmm... I'm unsure how well GTR 3's controller pad optimization is going to turn out, plus they need to add a dual driving model option (Simcade & Sim), just like Codemasters' DiRT 4.

I also recommend you look forward to playing Forza Motorsport Reboot PC version (coming out by mid-2023) and Gran Turismo 7 PC version (If it gets announced) which both appear to be more suited for you because they're optimized for both, the controller pad and racing wheel.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: I'm currently playing Project CARS 3 and wondering why people were so mad about it (i know why they were mad about it, but the game has been fun so far).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Aww man, I read that as CTR.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gtxforza
    @cikame said:

@gtxforza: I'm currently playing Project CARS 3 and wondering why people were so mad about it (i know why they were mad about it, but the game has been fun so far).

I'm thinking to give a try on Project CARS 3 one day since I enjoyed playing Need For Speed Shift 1 & 2 and GRID series in the past plus I was more of a controller pad user prior to mid-2021.

The Thrustmaster T150 Pro was my first wheelbase, then the pedal shifters broke so I ended up purchasing the Thrustmaster T300 as a replacement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.