Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guerrilla Games

Company »

A Dutch game developer most known for the Killzone series.

What do you want to see next out of Guerrilla Games?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you want to see next out of Guerrilla Games? (232 votes)

Another Killzone. 4%
    Another Horizon Zero Dawn. 41%
    Another one of their other titles. 0%
    Something new. 41%
    How about Killzone 2/3 remasters for PS4? 2%
    I don't care one way or another. 13%

As great as Horizon Zero Dawn was to me (although I guess it didn't excite me enough to play the DLC), I'd already like to see them go back and do more Killzone. Maybe making Horizon taught them to do something even greater with the Killzone franchise. I've always liked Killzone despite some of their issues. I was disappointed in Shadow Fall but wouldn't mind them leaving off where that game ended in some fashion since I feel they brought in at least one new character that they could keep going with. More Killzone sounds great to me, but whatever they do, I'd hope that they make the shooting feel good again like two and three because Shadow of Fall surprisingly felt lacking in large part due to the Helghast animations I believe. I felt like playing Shadow Fall again, so I just installed it and am going to play some of it. It's been a while.

• 
    glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emphasis on ”want”, I guess, since I’d be shocked if their next game wouldn’t be a sequel to HZD. I won’t mind that, since I really enjoyed my time with it. Should finally get around to playing the DLC...

No thanks to more Killzone. Two I never finished and three was an average shooter with pretty graphics that I remember almost nothing of. Shadow Fall started promising, but the whole ”Approach the situation in three ways!” thing was used effectively in maybe one mission and the story never got interesting. Of course they could revamp it with lessons learned from HZD, but at that point I’d rather just take a shooter with a new setting.

I think the NoClip doc showed a canned IP that was a supernatural shooter set in NY in the 70’s? That could’ve been fun. Unless I dreamed that up or mixed up docs.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThePanzini

Considering Horizon will probably out-sell three of Guerrilla's Killzone games except Shadowfall combined HZD2 is a dead cert which Guerrilla have all but confirmed themselves, the only chance you'll see another Killzone is if someone else makes it which is fine by me cause I hated the franchise.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

Started Shadow Fall and played about fifteen minutes until I got bored. I'm wondering if I should get Night in the Woods now as I look for games to play.

Edit - Never mind, got it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the momentum is there for a HZD sequel so I bet they're full steam ahead on that already. I wouldn't mind a new Killzone a few years from now though.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I just finished HZD myself and on the fence if I'll play the DLC. Never played a Killzone game, not really interested. I'd rather see something new. HZD was decent, but I'm not sure I'd be up for a new one unless they change a lot about how that game plays.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ATastySlurpee

@tom_omb said:

I just finished HZD myself and on the fence if I'll play the DLC. Never played a Killzone game, not really interested. I'd rather see something new. HZD was decent, but I'm not sure I'd be up for a new one unless they change a lot about how that game plays.

You should. Its beefy and the Fireclaws are challenging even with Power Armor. The Frozen Wilds also has a creative way to make your Power Armor less OP.

To the OT: Another HZD, please

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Lucien21

Like to see something new.

Fully expect to see a sequel to HZD and I'm ok with that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I would probably like to see them make another Horizon style game or a direct sequel simply to see them build on that existing base. Horizon was a good game but it definitely showed a lot of rough edges that come from the studios’ inexperience at the open world mechanics.

They made a ton of Killzone games already so going back to that franchise isn’t nearly as exciting, unless they made it a third person open world game which would be really interesting.

archnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By archnite

Would it be Horizon: Zero Dawn II? Horizon 2: New Subtitle? New Title: Zero Dawn 2? Horizon: One? Horizon: Zero Dawn: Revenge?

What is the name of that franchise?

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely a new Horizon: Zero Dawn game for me. One thing people rarely talk about with that game is how it flirts with Bioware-esque or Witcher-esque side mission type stuff (never fleshed out to the same degree though) and dialogue system. I would love to see them expand that aspect of the game out more and make the second game a bit more RPG.

I really enjoyed the world being dangerous and not just a thing you walk through to get to icons, but I can see how people approaching it from a sandbox game direction would find that tedious.....

The concept of them going back to Killzone is..... I mean you should just put those ideas to rest now and save yourself the mental effort. The most popular game in that franchise is 2 and the ones after it were diminishing in quality and hype. Even if they move on from Horizon (which they will absolutely not do) they will not return to Killzone again any time soon, the next time a game in that series gets made (if ever) it will be a full on reboot once its firmly in its nostalgia phase.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ATastySlurpee
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wasn't a huge fan of horizon, but I'd give a sequel a try. I think they should move away from the far cry mission design, and push it more towards something like the Witcher 3.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archnite: Horizon is the name of the franchise. Zero Dawn is the subtitle of the first game in the series.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like any of the Killzone's or Horizon so.... nothing?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#16 fisk0  Moderator

You know, I've been thinking a lot about Shellshock recently. Had forgotten that was developed by Guerrilla, but I'd be interested in seeing them do more with that franchise. Those old ones didn't age too well, but the concept is sound, I think. Especially if the Spec Ops: The Line writers are available.

Aside from that, I liked Killzone, but I'll happily wait a few more years before getting a new one.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atastyslurpee: Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to give it a shot despite being turned off by everything you said. I'm not really looking for ways to make the game harder, or a beefy experience (I skipped much of the side content in the main game). I just gotta see what's up with this corner of the map!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would love to see them do something new.

Horizon seemed to work out really well for them, and while the most sensible lesson/path from there is probably "franchise, francise, franchise," I'd be very happy if they instead focused on the angle of "make new IP."

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Horizon is great, and I'd like them to revisit it eventually. But I'd much prefer new stuff to come next.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon has a cliffhanger-ish ending, so I want them to wrap up that story first. After that I wouldn't mind something new.
    I really liked the game-play in Killzone 3, but I'm okay with them never going back to that series.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Anything but Killzone, basically. I love love LOVE Horizon, but I don't think I really need a sequel to that game, even though I'll be first in line if they make one. Horizon proved that they have the creativity and the vision to create original IP and that they can be great world builders, so I'd be totally on board with them working on something new...provided it isn't a grey, military first person shooter.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@archnite: Horizon is the name of the franchise. Zero Dawn is the subtitle of the first game in the series.

On a technicality this isn't true. The game's name is "Horizon Zero Dawn" without a colon or subtitle. For the sake of marketing I entirely expect the next one to be "Horizon: Subtitle" just because it's more convenient, but it should really be "Horizon Zero Dawn 2: Subtitle"

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archnite: Horizon: Red Dawn.

Three words: Communist Robot Bears

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GundamGuru

I voted something new. I enjoyed my time with Horizon Zero Dawn, but I found myself so at odds with the writers' philosophy and the way that lead them to build this world that I'd rather a new IP than more stories in the HZD universe.

Fisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I said "I don't care one way or another" but it's not because I have a negative view about their games at all. Rather, it's the feeling that I enjoyed Killzone and was so surprised by HZD that I am getting close to putting them in a category of "I'll play whatever you make" developers. Here's hoping that even if it is a HZD sequel or a Killzone title, it's as interesting and impactful as HZD itself.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dispossession

Voted for HZD because there’s potential for that world and the game to be better overall. It’s also the most logical way for them to go. However, I’d prefer a new game.

METALHEADDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could give 2 shits about horizon dawn. Good game but am a total fan of killzone. Even if 2 and 3 were remastered for ps4. That would be a start. Killzone is just the type of game I look for in a fps game. Bring on another Killzone.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see a sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn as I really enjoyed that game and I'm interested in where that series goes next. I don't believe GG needs to make another Killzone as I don't think it's worth their time and talents when any other studio can make that game.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t see them ever going back to Killzone. The only reason to go back to an FPS would be if they have thought up some big new way to change the genre and at that point it would be better off being a new IP.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn. Killzone is done......

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For them to do something on PC. If Sony owns the Killzone IP, I'll play Guerrilla's almost-Killzone-but-not-really-shooter named Zillkone. I just can't play shooters with controllers anymore. My Logitech G300s has spoiled me.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#33  Edited By bassguy

For them to do something on PC. If Sony owns the Killzone IP, I'll play Guerrilla's almost-Killzone-but-not-really-shooter named Zillkone. I just can't play shooters with controllers anymore. My Logitech G300s has spoiled me.

Guerrilla is owned by Sony, so...

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bassguy said:

@facelessvixen said:

Guerrilla is owned by Sony, so...

Then my dream is dead. Damn you Shellshock: Nam '67 for the false hope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.