Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

1 Hour Stress Test for Aug 12 11am Pacific - Noon Pacific

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silentdante
    shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By shinboy630

Probably going to skip this one. I have to force myself to finish Darksiders instead.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer

I find it hard to get excited for these 1-4 hour bursts. I know the point of these is not to let me play the game, it's to test the servers and make sure things won't burst into flames on the 25th and 28th. But I just want to play the game for realsies.

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By silentdante

yeah me too, but if i dont play i may just log in and leave my guy somewhere so i can be another person stressing the servers or something, haha...

ok no i will probly play cause i have nothing else to do.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

Aha! Now's my chance [to try out Greatsword Ranger]!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kindgineer

I can't really find myself hyped for some like this. I know that the more players they get on these things, the better the launch capacity will be. However, there really is no incentive to a player like me to report bugs and help the game out in the end.

Also, it's too damn short.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UssjTrunks

@TheHT said:

Don't bother. It's been nerfed into the ground. Damage has been literally halved from BWE1/2 to BWE3. Coupled with the quickening zephyr nerf, you'll find it difficult to hit targets.

The warrior and guardian hit just as hard as the ranger right now with GS, while having much more control and survivability. The ranger used to deal a lot more damage to compensate for this. It may have been a tad too high before, but reducing it as much as they did makes it inferior to other GS options.

No class has been hit by the nerf bat as hard as the ranger, which is really puzzling since they weren't even close to OP. The class lacks control so damage/quickness was all they had going for them in direct damage builds.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Subjugation

I probably won't be on this one. A single hour is just not worth it, especially if it's like the last stress test (rubber banding).

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By silentdante

@Subjugation: not sure if it will be, they said it was an internet problem that effected GW1 and GW2 instead of a problem with the build per say, but yeah an hour is a weird time.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Hell, it's enough time to get a little more refinement on my ele build, so I'm cool with it.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nights

Appreciate the heads up! Still a few details I need to suss out (character appearance wise) before I'm ready for launch. I want to have my character's looks down so I can create he/she as fast as possible. Gotta get some good names.

pekarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pekarn

I think arenanet is just trolling. They don't need the servers tested, they're just having fun with seeing how many people will jump when they say so. That said though, I will definitely be playing in this test.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shikon

i doubt you will be doing much playing in this 1 hour in all other stresstest and even bwe's it usualy took me an hour to get in >_> but yeah i'll try to log in once or twice see how it goes.

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silentdante

@HumanoidTyphoon: if you listen through the next podcast they will enlighten you to a few things that might change your mind about worrying how fast you can create characters :-p

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

@UssjTrunks: That's disappointing. They do seem to have maneuverability on their side though, so it might still be fun, considering I'll be spending 90% of my time in PvE (also using a long/shortbow.) If it's fun to play I might stick with it and hope Anet tweaks them back closer to what they were pre-BWE3.

@silentdante: whatchu talkin bout?

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold on, what? This isn't an old thread, right? There's another one? Sweet! I'm gonna wear my armor so hard...

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Mister_V

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Hold on, what? This isn't an old thread, right? There's another one? Sweet! I'm gonna wear my armor so hard...

But only for an hour, :)

Think I might Try either a ranger or guardian. Im pretty sold on the warrior as my main.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Vexxan

I'll jump into the character creator for another hour it seems, I don't want to play too much of the real deal until the game's out.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Giefcookie

An hour to mess around with my thief condition build. Or an hour trying to log in while the servers fall over repeatedly.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

One hour seems like a too small window. Likely won't get to play at all. Gosh - it'd take me half an hour just to come up with some build I think could work... leaves me barely enough time to actually play the game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Bollard

@UssjTrunks said:

@TheHT said:

Don't bother. It's been nerfed into the ground. Damage has been literally halved from BWE1/2 to BWE3. Coupled with the quickening zephyr nerf, you'll find it difficult to hit targets.

The warrior and guardian hit just as hard as the ranger right now with GS, while having much more control and survivability. The ranger used to deal a lot more damage to compensate for this. It may have been a tad too high before, but reducing it as much as they did makes it inferior to other GS options.

No class has been hit by the nerf bat as hard as the ranger, which is really puzzling since they weren't even close to OP. The class lacks control so damage/quickness was all they had going for them in direct damage builds.

Thank you for validating my choice to never touch ranger again. I wanted to use a GS which is why I tried out both a Warrior and Guardian build, but I had a horrible feeling Ranger might be better. The only thing keeping me away was every time I remembered how disgustingly bad Ranger pets are, and now I know it isn't even better any more I'm happy.

Selona83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Selona83

I keep thinking: "Are Arenanet trolling us or something?"...silly huh :P

I am no programmer. But isen´t 1 hour very little time to gather info, or whatever they want to get out it

I mean they had 8 hours this week already. And now 1 more......just....weird to me

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Maystack

@Selona83: It does seem like an incredibly small amount of time. I guess they could just be using it as a last check to see if some things are fixed, but like you said, I don't know how much they'll be able to get from just one hour.

Selona83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Selona83

@Maystack said:

@Selona83: It does seem like an incredibly small amount of time. I guess they could just be using it as a last check to see if some things are fixed, but like you said, I don't know how much they'll be able to get from just one hour.

They could indeed have made a lot of implementations and improvements to the game after these two stress tests. And now they just want to check how they work really quick

But again....then a couple of hours would be better. Oh well. I guess we can only speculate

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nights

@silentdante said:

@HumanoidTyphoon: if you listen through the next podcast they will enlighten you to a few things that might change your mind about worrying how fast you can create characters :-p

Care to elaborate? :D

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jack268

You wont be able to log in during that hour anyway. 

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By silentdante

@HumanoidTyphoon: bah, your supposed ot listen, but two things: 1. when you create a character with a name and then delete that character the name is frozen for you for 24 hours, so you can just get in game, click create then end then put your name in, go back delete it and then take your time after you got all the names you want. 2. they are going to be adding more options for character creation so that might change some options you want.

of course if you aren't caring about either of those reasons and are just doing it to get in game as quick as possible ot start playing then i will just shut up.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Maystack

Okay, so I finally got round to playing sPvP for more than five minutes and I actually quite enjoyed it. I jumped in with my thief without remembering what any of my skills do, because I didn't want to waste time getting to learn them. Managed to pick up the basic functions after a minute or two though. I played three games, each on one of the maps, and two out of three I actually thought were awesome.

Foefire - Mainly went back and forth between two points defending and taking out any attackers. Chased down one enemy, and then tried getting into the base but didn't get very far alone so decided to retreat. Didn't get a chance to face a guild lord so can't speak on how that was.

Khylo - Map I've played on before, and probably my favourite one. Had a few 1v1s which I managed to survive in until reinforcements arrived. Spent quite a while battling a Charr engy and made some silly mistakes so couldn't take him out alone. He stumbled into a teammate and we quickly over powered him.

The other map - Don't really like this map. I don't know what it is, whether it's the layout or the fact that killing those guardian people doesn't really seem to affect people but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Overall it was pretty cool. Probably won't go that far into it, as I'll mainly focus on PvE/WvW but it's fun enough that I'll jump in every so often. Probably more fun with guildies though.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Maystack said:

Overall it was pretty cool. Probably won't go that far into it, as I'll mainly focus on PvE/WvW but it's fun enough that I'll jump in every so often. Probably more fun with guildies though.

With guildies it's awesome - especially when the gods of random matches smile on you and everyone ends up on one team like today : D (we just wrecked fools, which is a welcome change from wrecking eachother).

I stayed up till 5am for this stress test, but I was welcomed by a lag free, log-in issue free smooth playing experience that ran wonderfully. I like having fun again - helped by my playing my good old rifle build instead of the variants I've been using for the last three times (I have to shout out to for getting me back on the Tactics rifle warrior train).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.