Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Accidentally closed the main chat ...

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 40

#1  Edited By mgsolid86

Does anyone know how to reopen it? Thanks in advance!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UssjTrunks

Push "enter" then click the little chat bubble, and select what channel you want.

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mgsolid86
    No Caption Provided

I'm not sure what you mean by the little chat bubble. The Main chat tab itself was closed. Clicking on the chat bubble in the lower left shows/hides the chat, but I want the Main chat tab (originally next to the Combat tab) back and can't figure out how to go it.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By UssjTrunks

@MGSolid86 said:

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure what you mean by the little chat bubble. The Main chat tab itself was closed. Clicking on the chat bubble in the lower left shows/hides the chat, but I want the Main chat tab (originally next to the Combat tab) back and can't figure out how to go it.

That's weird, I've never seen that before. Try clicking the little "+" sign or tinkering around options (via the options button next to the combat tab). Maybe someone else will know. If you don't get a response, ask over at GW2 Guru.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NickL

I haven't jumped in yet, but just looking at that UI, what does the + to the right of combat do?

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mgsolid86
    No Caption Provided

Figured it out, thanks guys! I knew clicking the + button added a new tab, but it didn't look like any options would get the main chat going, but I found out with one it is. If you check off the map button, the general chat shows up for the map you're on. You can name the tab whatever you want to at the top. Thanks again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.