Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Closed Alpha and Beta Tests -- 2011

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobbieMac

Well the FAQ have been updated stating that closed Alpha and Beta testing will begin this year.  The results they gather from these tests will help determine an open beta date and final product release date.   Well now it is just a matter of when in 2011 they will begin these tests, but after the did Human week and saying they will be doing another "race week" in February this seems promising.

Source: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#two

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sameeeeam

I cannot wait for this game. All the footage they've released thus far has been awesome.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Would be very disappointing if the game doesn't make it this year, seems like forever since it was announced. 
    The amount of information they've released this week is definitely promising though.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RobbieMac
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Would be very disappointing if the game doesn't make it this year, seems like forever since it was announced. The amount of information they've released this week is definitely promising though. "
    In 2007 after EoTN was released it was announced, 3 years and a few months could definitely be considered forever in the gaming world.  Yeah and they really weren't releasing much info in the first few years after release, but now it is starting to pick up and with a new demo to be shown at PAX it seems that a 2011 release is definitely attainable.
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @RobbieMac said:
    " @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Would be very disappointing if the game doesn't make it this year, seems like forever since it was announced. The amount of information they've released this week is definitely promising though. "
    In 2007 after EoTN was released it was announced, 3 years and a few months could definitely be considered forever in the gaming world.  Yeah and they really weren't releasing much info in the first few years after release, but now it is starting to pick up and with a new demo to be shown at PAX it seems that a 2011 release is definitely attainable. "
    But a lot of new things have been released in game for Guild Wars Beyond. I say i have my bets on late 2011 or early 2012.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Early 2012 is seeming more and more likely, but a lot of people that have gotten their hands on the stuff at trade shows have said that the game feels goddamn amazing. 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking psyched for this.  Gotta get in on this beta when it comes around.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RobbieMac
    @No0b0rAmA said:

" @RobbieMac said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:
    In 2007 after EoTN was released it was announced, 3 years and a few months could definitely be considered forever in the gaming world.  Yeah and they really weren't releasing much info in the first few years after release, but now it is starting to pick up and with a new demo to be shown at PAX it seems that a 2011 release is definitely attainable. "
    But a lot of new things have been released in game for Guild Wars Beyond. I say i have my bets on late 2011 or early 2012. "
    Well I am sure there is a completely separate team that continued to work on GW1 content, while the majority of the workers chipped away at GW2.  Though I am not going to disagree, more than likely late 2011 release though of course it would be sweet if it was earlier.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @RobbieMac said:
    "Well I am sure there is a completely separate team that continued to work on GW1 content, while the majority of the workers chipped away at GW2.  Though I am not going to disagree, more than likely late 2011 release though of course it would be sweet if it was earlier. "
    Who knows?  At one point, I think Arenanet had been talking about going under and closing their doors, so the fact that GW2 even exists in some form right now is fucking phenomenal.
    Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Dedodido
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    Well their announcement schedule was a bit different from what you'd expect. They were originally working on another expansion for GW, but decided it was better to make a whole new game. They're not the biggest studio in the world so they couldn't do both, and they had to give a reason why they'd cancelled the expansion, so they ended up announcing the game before they'd even started making it yet. Plus, half way through the development they re-did all the visuals from scratch, and started adding in the under-water areas, which in effect doubled the size of the map, and therefore their workload. 
    When you think about it like that, I'm amazed they've come as far as they have in 3 years.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Jeffsekai

I WANT IN THE BETA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.