Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Explorable Mode Dungeons

onikagei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onikagei

I've only run the story mode for dungeons so far, Just about to do the lvl 50 one. My question is, is it worth it to do the explorable dungeons? I think i read that there are better drops or something but that they are Way harder than the normal story mode ones? since they are quite a time sink (at least the runs i've done)is it really worth it for the gear or would my time be better spent adventuring out in the big wide world.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SamStrife

How many times have you done the story mode of these dungeons? I've only done AC once but I suspect that now I know the tactics, with the right people I'd be able to fly through it.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy

@SamStrife said:

How many times have you done the story mode of these dungeons? I've only done AC once but I suspect that now I know the tactics, with the right people I'd be able to fly through it.

The bosses in the explorable mode are completely diffrent from the story mode. You have a whole set of new tactics to learn while under fire :)

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SamStrife

@Pazy said:

The bosses in the explorable mode are completely diffrent from the story mode. You have a whole set of new tactics to learn while under fire :)

Awesome! :D

I thought I was going to be let down by the organised PvE content in this game but AC was a blast and if the rest of the dungeons are like that, I'll be more than happy.

thetrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thetrin

CM is way way easier and shorter, but I've heard Twilight Arbor is AC level. I guess I'll find out tonight when I do it.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I haven't even been able to get through AC story mode yet because of the grouping issues, and I want to do them all in order. :(

onikagei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onikagei

I've run AC a couple of times now with no problems and i've done CM once all full bomber runs. So if you've been holding off because of issues might be worth giving it another go. I'm in EU so might be that off-peak american time runs better.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamStrife

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

I haven't even been able to get through AC story mode yet because of the grouping issues, and I want to do them all in order. :(

There's always plenty of duders that will join you. Just keep spamming Guild Chat.

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Nickieroonie

I think that if you nail down a group and work on running through efficiently, it'll absolutely be worth the time. Right now it takes forever to simply zone into the dungeon, so the time/reward ratio is bad. It'll get better! Especially if they fine-tune the dungeons. Some of the pulls/mobs so far have seemed pretty off to me (but for the most part they seem fine). Maybe that's just me!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The tokens you get from explorable modes can be exchanged for unique weapons and armour, most of which looks pretty fancy. You'll definitely stand out a lot if you can get that stuff, since the difficulty is too high for typical players.

The tokens are also needed in the crafting recipes for legendary weapons.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silvergun

I did City of Arah explorable last night, and good god that place was hard. We might have picked a tough path (Jotun), but it was a nightmare all the way through, and (what I assume was) the final boss just wrecked us so bad we finally called it quits. Apparently somebody in our group had done another path (Seers) and that wasn't nearly as hard except for the fact that they ran into a bug that basically wound up being a show-stopper.

onikagei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onikagei

Listened to the lincolncast, and they had a good section about the explorable dungeon differences. Sounds more like will require a regular group to get the teamwork down. so might leave them for a bit until i can get a regular group together for a few runs.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@SamStrife said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

There's always plenty of duders that will join you. Just keep spamming Guild Chat.

Naw, I know. I'm just too impatient to sit through (and too nice to make other people sit through) all of the server ninjutsu dungeon grouping currently requires.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.