Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Game crashing..

cleanitupjohny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cleanitupjohny

Hey all, I decided to bring my problem here (since response from the gw2 suppport team is... ummm... slow) in hopes of someone maybe having a solution.

When I click play from the game launcher, my monitor flickers about five or six times and then the game crashes. It never loads anything, it's just gone. I've done a clean reinstall on my drivers ( I have a geforce 560) and also tried some beta drivers recommended by the gw site. I've tried a repair shortcut and update shortcut, both with no luck, and then resorted to a complete reinstall and gotten nowhere.

Any ideas or theories on what this could possibly be? I'm not the most advanced PC user so it's possible i'm missing something simple.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jesterroyal

Have you tried turning it off and back on again. (I would assume you did since you re-installed drivers and that should have forced a reboot)

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uniform

I too saw a notice to use a BETA Nvidia driver, as there was known problems with my previous driver. After I installed the BETA driver, I started to get the flicker when launching the game, and also random crashes when using waypoints. What's interesting is I never experienced the flicker or a single crash with the older driver they said was problematic. I'm contemplating rolling back to my older driver tonight to see how that works.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SamStrife

I can't start my game up with MSI Afterburner running. I need to close MSI, run the game and then open up MSI whilst playing. I suspect this is because I try to lock my framerate to 60fps through MSI and the game just doesn't like it. So if you've got anything like that running, may be worth closing it and seeing if the game will boot then.

cleanitupjohny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cleanitupjohny

Yep I tried with the normal drivers, even did a clean install of the normal drivers prior to trying the beta ones. It's a little frustrating to say the least.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jesterroyal

I find when things just don't run right and you have no clue why a virus scan sometimes helps. Malware Bytes is my personal favorite for removing things. Give that a try if you haven't.

cleanitupjohny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cleanitupjohny

@SamStrife: I'm not running anything like that, but it's a good thought.

@jesterroyal: Good idea. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icemo

I have a GTX 560 Ti and pretty old drivers and I've had no problems so far. You could try my drivers: 8.17.12.8562 if everything else fails.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.