Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Guild Mumble Server Situation

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

OK!

After pointed it out to us, I've gotten in contact with about the GiantBomb mumble server he admins and he helpfully agreed to set up a Guild Wars 2 channel on it in light of the coming beta events.

For those unaware, I've quoted the information on the server below;

:: Giant Bomb Voice Server ::
    We have a 100-slot Mumble voice chat server for Giant Bomb, you're welcome to hop on, invite your friends, and use the many game-specific channels to converse as you play or simply chit chat with other giant bombers!
    The server is available 24/7 and it's open for everyone. Don't hesitate to use it.
    I'm the administrator of the voice server, so if you're having any issues, you can ask here or PM me, or talk to me on Steam.

1. Download the Mumble client here and install it.
    2. Open the program, you will get a window asking you to connect to a server. Click "Add New...", and type in the following:
    • Label: Giant Bomb
    • Address: ny.eoreality.net
    • Port: 64747
    • Username: [Your username].
    3. Click OK and then Connect. When you get prompted for a certificate failure , just click Yes. You will now be able to connect.
    4. Right click on your name when you're on the server and click "Register." This will assure that no one else will use that name.

So, for the foreseeable future, assuming there are no outright problems with it, we'll be using this mumble server for guild events and general chat. If our guild grows too large (which I somewhat doubt, to be honest), then we will spring for a dedicated server. Until then, I think this is a great solution - so thanks again to both mat and ahmad.

See you online!

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By matthew

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I like personal communication! Typing is so slow... 

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RobbieMac

I will add this info to the OP in the guild post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.