Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Guild Wars 2 - Guild Name Decision

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobbieMac
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RobbieMac

Well today is the day I said I would put up the poll of the Guild name decision so here it is.  We didn't get many more suggestions, but that is fine since the ones we have here are good.  So vote away, I am not sure if the polls on GB have a set time frame (maybe someone knows).  If not I will set a date in which I will tally the votes.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By JCTango

"The Duders" has a nice ring to it...

...it makes me picture a group of three riding off into the sunset.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By eldiax

Good luck, have Batman is my favorite. GLHB FTW!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I personally like the Luchadeers.  Sounds like a proper team name, while still being odd enough to draw attention. 

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By zyn

I am undecided.  I like "The Luchadeers", "The Duders" and "Lincoln Force".

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

GLHB ftw : )

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Jayzilla

I like the GLHB tag, but Lincoln Force sums it up the best. How about another choice though to incorporate the <>?

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Lincoln Force has it.

Can't say I'm displeased - both front runners are awesome names.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By sameeeeam

Lincoln Force has a nice ring to it.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Aronman789

Lincoln Force sounds like a group to be feared.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimbo

More like...

The LootYaGears

...amirite?!?
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo

No matter what name we end up choosing, we still win. 

That said, I voted for Lincoln Force.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RobbieMac

Glad to see we are getting some votes, I will keep it up for a few more days to get some more contributors to the voting festivities.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Rattle618

G, cause it is.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoelTGM

Good Luck Have Batman!  That's the weirdest of the bunch.  Lincoln Force wouldn't really stand out, it's kind of generic if you don't know the story behind it.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beej

Lincoln Force barely edged out the luchadeers for my vote.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RobbieMac

Ok so this is what the tally is looking like right now:

Lincoln Force: 12
    The Luchadeers: 5
    Good Luck, Have Batman: 5
    The Duders: 4
    Horse Meet Rider: 2
    Anime is For Jerks: 2
    BatmanBatmanBatman: 1
    I'm a Wizard: 1
    The Space Neon Lobsters: 1
    Deadly Premonition: 1

I still haven't decided when to stop the voting I am thinking maybe when we get 40-50 votes?  So there is still a chance for your favourite to win!  Also if you didn't know already it is Norn week starting Monday so make sure to check the GW2 blog tomorrow afternoon.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @RobbieMac:  Just my opinion, but I say let's keep this train rolling until the beta starts. If Lincoln Force is still kicking ass when we get to 40-50 votes, then you might as well just close it down, but if not then just keep it going.

On a completely different note, I'm still deciding if I want to be a crazy man (emphasis on crazy) and grind out some Hall of Monument stuff on a new account (don't have me old account anymore for some reason...) before the game comes out. Hmmmm decisions decisions...
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By zyn
    @PrimeSynergy said:
    " @RobbieMac:  Just my opinion, but I say let's keep this train rolling until the beta starts. If Lincoln Force is still kicking ass when we get to 40-50 votes, then you might as well just close it down, but if not then just keep it going.  

On a completely different note, I'm still deciding if I want to be a crazy man (emphasis on crazy) and grind out some Hall of Monument stuff on a new account (don't have me old account anymore for some reason...) before the game comes out. Hmmmm decisions decisions... "
    I feel like getting to at least 30 (currently at 23) in Hall of Monuments as well, but I hate grinding.  I've got most of the easy stuff (minis, few armour, weapons, few companions).
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RobbieMac

We haven't gotten anymore votes, so I will bump this to try and get some more views on the thread.  Also if you guys know anyone on the site just tell em to come vote.  We are looking for about 50 votes and then make a decision from there.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As you said, robbie, we may see more votes as we get closer to release, but as it stands, the dominance of Lincoln Force may well have made people stop voting - thinking the decision is clear. 

In any case, as for the hall of monuments, I am disinterested... I never bought GWEN, and dont think $20 is worth what the rewards promise - especially as so many people will have them anyway.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

That is really really sad you want to name the guild after some memes most of which are dated as hell.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RobbieMac
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

That is really really sad you want to name the guild after some memes most of which are dated as hell.

"
    I am sorry that this has upset you so much that you felt to leave such a comment.  Not sure what we did to be seen as "really really sad" to you besides wanting our Guild to be Giantbomb related.  Though instead of going with "Giantbomb" we decided to choose things that made us laugh over the years of browsing the Giantbomb website.  

Though if you really had such a problem with it you could have just left the thread and not left a comment.  I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish by saying what you did?  Care to explain?
    Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Riddell
    @RobbieMac said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"
    I am sorry that this has upset you so much that you felt to leave such a comment.  Not sure what we did to be seen as "really really sad" to you besides wanting our Guild to be Giantbomb related.  Though instead of going with "Giantbomb" we decided to choose things that made us laugh over the years of browsing the Giantbomb website.    Though if you really had such a problem with it you could have just left the thread and not left a comment.  I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish by saying what you did?  Care to explain? "
    Don't feed the trolls and haters!
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SuperWristBands

Cool, glad you didn't close the poll or anything because I didn't see it until right now.

My vote goes to Good Luck, Have Batman. I really like the tag for it as well [GLHB]

crapneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crapneck

big natural crits

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RobbieMac

Ok well it looks like "Lincoln Force" will be the name of our guild!

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Demyx
    @RobbieMac said:
    " Ok well it looks like "Lincoln Force" will be the name of our guild! "
    cool. I can't wait. Gonna be awesome.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By ESREVER
    @RobbieMac said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"
    I am sorry that this has upset you so much that you felt to leave such a comment.  Not sure what we did to be seen as "really really sad" to you besides wanting our Guild to be Giantbomb related.  Though instead of going with "Giantbomb" we decided to choose things that made us laugh over the years of browsing the Giantbomb website.    Though if you really had such a problem with it you could have just left the thread and not left a comment.  I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish by saying what you did?  Care to explain? "
    Yea, I'm kinda with Skeleton on this one. Although, I'd like to consider myself less negative. But I absolutely can't stand memes. They are way overused, and the majority of the time are just plain stupid thread fillers. 
    I understand wanting to represent the GB guild with something everyone thinks would be hilarious. But chances are no one outside the GB community will understand the Guild name. Which I'm willing to bet that yall probably don't care what others would think anyway. 

Thats pretty much the reason why I didn't apply for the KZ3 GB clan. I honestly don't give an eff about Batman, so having BBB (batmanbatmanbatman) in front of my name would be most unappealing.  
    I prefer the "Duder" approach, or Bomb Squad, or something along those lines. Something subtle that kinda has a hint of GB to it to the outside world, and just isn't an inside joke that only the community would get. 

I can probably bet that the guild chat would be filled "<>'s" and "Wizards" and shit. Uggghhhhhhh.... Its like as if I was in the live chat.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RobbieMac
    @ESREVER: 
     I personally voted "The Luchadeers", but when it comes to the guild I am not going to make it a dictatorship where what I say goes.  I am going to make essentially everything a group decision when it comes to the guild.  It was pretty much a landslide with this vote so I am not going to revoke the decision, had it been closer maybe I would have waited a bit longer.

As for people not recognizing us outside of the GB community that really isn't something I am looking for/care about.  I don't really care if people say, "Oh look those guys are from the Giantbomb website".  I am not really looking for some type of recognition from the Guild Wars community and I don't think the guild members should either.  This is just a guild for a bunch of guys/girls that love Giantbomb and the Guild Wars franchise.

As for the Lincoln Force "meme" (call it what you will) is something that has been around for a while and even stated to be "The best thread on the internet" according to the quest surrounding the photoshop thread.  Personally I think it works well as a guild name, but again virtually no information on Guilds has been released yet.  So we still don't know how naming, abbrievation, cape, logo, etc.

So there could potentially be plenty of opportunities to customize the Guild to depict Giantbomb (perhaps our logo).  We will wait and see.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By keyhunter

Lincoln force is obviously the winner.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey - we've now got Guild t-shirts! 

I know I ordered mine - although not quite for that reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.