Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Guild Wars 2 Is Selling for $10, This Weekend Only

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

That's $9.99, if you're a weirdo who cares about pennies. Note that this applies exclusively to copies bought through ArenaNet's storefront on Saturday and Sunday, and the deluxe edition of the game will also be discounted (to $15). Along with the sale, experience will doubled for all players over the weekend. The official announcement is here. There is a lot of this game, and ten bucks for what comes in the base package, disregarding free content updates for the "living world", is one of most price:play-efficient deals I've seen in video games.

All of this bombast coincides with ANet's main-stage PAX South panel during which - presumably - Guild Wars 2's first full expansion, Heart of Thorns, will be announced. More on that in this thread.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

thanks. sure, throw it on the pile. :(

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I bought this game at launch, played to level 45-ish, and just kind of fell off. Tried to get into it again with my fiancee about a year later and fell off again after about a month. I like a lot of the game's ideas, but it just never pulled me in like Lord of the Rings Online (the only other MMO I've played for more than a month) did for a couple of years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Seems like yet another reason to expect that expansion announcement at pax.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ten dollars for a full scale MMO that's free-to-play with no gated content is a great, awesome deal. Don't see why anyone should pass on this opportunity if they're even remotely curious about GW2.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Ya, I'd say it's worth checking out for that price. The game did get dull after awhile, but when it came out I enjoyed it for about a month or so.

I may check it out again, but I don't know. I always get bored fairly quickly whenever I go back to it.

But ya. It's definitely worth checking it out for $10 if you haven't played it yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
    deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll vouch for this game. A solid MMO experience that kept me satisfied for several months. Didn't quite hook me like the original though.

The game has a cash shop where you can pay real money for cosmetic changes (outfits, hair styles, etc) and utility stuff (a portable banker, infinite use salvage kit, etc). Nothing game-breaking or essential though. I spent way too much money on cosmetics...

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The sale price has been extended to 9 AM, in case anyone wants to pick up a copy last-minute.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.