Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Guys, I don't believe this is coming out anytime soon.

• 112 results
    Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Xyber

@isnipeyoudie said:

But they DO need to fix things. I just can't see how they can get all that optimization and those bug fixes/balancing out the door in two months.

I could maybe, MAYBE see end of July/early August, but late June just seems impossible to me.

You don't know how long they have been working on optimizing the game though, they might have builds with better performance now but it still needs more work before they can actually use those builds for the beta events.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Codeacious

@Xyber: They've said that they're using the data from those BWEs to optimize further, but even if that build was a month back from current optimization, it's still a huge stretch for late June, as it would take at least two months to optimize from the point that the BWE build was at (meaning they'd be done with optimization in about mid-June at that rate). Then they still have to fix all the bugs and balancing, too.

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AlbinoJerk

I played all weekend in PvP and PvE and didn't have any game-breaking issues that didn't reek of beta.  Only things I noticed were some balance things and random MMO glitches.  (Beetletun skillpoint)  I'm not expecting June, but I don't think it needs to be end of the year either.   They need to get the pet AI up to snuff, fix the overflow grouping issues, and optimize.  Those were the only major issues I encountered.   (Also some mob scaling, but that falls in the "balance" category) 

Remember that in betas, you are always playing an older build than what they actually have.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104  Edited By Seppli

http://kotaku.com/5910509/guild-wars-2-retail-ad-shows-june-28-release-date

Just caught this story. Apparently Fry's in Texas had promotional material on display, showing a June 28th release date. It's unclear if that's the 3-day headstart or the full release. Anet and NCsoft say, I'll paraphrase, 'we'll release when it's ready - we don't know yet if we are ready for our End of June release window.'

Hopefully they really aren't hellbent on releasing on schedule. Shit better be tight. Backend stuff like the Trading Post system didn't work during the BWE or Stresstest, for the most parts. That's the kind of stuff they'll have to be 'sure enough' about. The gameplay itself seems mighty fine to me already - good to go.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#105  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Seppli: Ehhhh. That looks like in-store promotional material more than any kind of memo from ArenaNet. Plus, I don't exactly think "super, upstanding business practices" when I think Fry's. But maybe I'm wrong, who knows!

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#106  Edited By shinboy630

@Dark_Lord_Spam:

Along with the Fry's issue, I also tend to take any "news" that comes out of Kotaku with a grain of salt. Also, the trading post worked for me in the BWE and the stress test. I was trading stuff throughout both of those events. Hell, I even made a video about it.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Funkydupe

Can't wait to try it once they've sorted the performance issues. Right now I'm wondering when I get to try it again.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108  Edited By Seppli

@Funkydupe:

This coming weekend or the one after. I'd bet on it, if I was a gambling man. Hopefully with either Asura or Sylvari or both.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Maystack

My bet was for this weekend, but I would have thought ANet would have announced it by now. Next weekend it is then.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By Jayzilla

I am thinking it will come on Memorial Day weekend and they will give us all 3 days to play it. In America, Mem. Day is the 28th of May. I truly believe we won't get a beta this month though. I think we will get it in June.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Maystack

@Jayzilla: I think they've said that there'll be a beta weekend every month until release.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By Benny

Not sure how many of you saw this but it's pointing towards the game being released at the end of Q3 at the earliest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/tngpu/ncsoft_2012_q1_earnings_call/

Apparently they already met their sales goals? That's kinda awesome.

Ignore everything about fiscal years, business years, american vs korean financial etc. etc. etc. in that thread. Q3 means July / August / September like it does on the calendar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.