Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Just one little nitpick

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By warxsnake

Game is awesome, but those sound effects, like when you crit and so on. Or if you are an elementalist using electricity strikes, effects sound poor and bland. Electricity strikes sound like something cooking on a frying pan rather than proper lightning.
    Anybody else have feedback on this?

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Nickieroonie

I can definitely see where you're coming from. I don't find that my profession has annoying/bad sounds, but I have definitely heard half a dozen off-putting ones.

On the flipside, I love the nearby heart sound effect :D

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

I love all the swishing about of the thief.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Th3irdEye

I keep hearing this one sound effect that I think is coming from some sort of gun skill from another profession. It sounds like a Star Wars blaster firing and it's awesome, yet slightly out of place. I still love it though. In general I really like most of the sounds. The nearby heart mentioned above and the waypoint unlocked sounds are great. My favorite is probably the Warrior's F1 ability while wielding an axe. The sound it makes when it hits is just so satisfying.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I wish there were more sound effects that had a deep bass to them, there's a few skills that really sound really powerful because of that, but they aren't necessarily the best skills to use.

Also, it's sort of odd they use some of the same music from Guild Wars 1 (or at least one song loop I've noticed so far). It's like a nice nostalgia thing, but I heard so many hours of that music that it's kind of disappointing that I'll be hearing many more hours of it.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jams

@CatsAkimbo said:

I wish there were more sound effects that had a deep bass to them, there's a few skills that really sound really powerful because of that, but they aren't necessarily the best skills to use.

Also, it's sort of odd they use some of the same music from Guild Wars 1 (or at least one song loop I've noticed so far). It's like a nice nostalgia thing, but I heard so many hours of that music that it's kind of disappointing that I'll be hearing many more hours of it.

I made a warrior that uses a hammer and it extremely heavy sounding. at the end of the basic move and some of the other ones. makes a real deep boom sound and kind of shakes the screen.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By artelinarose

I bought a sound card for my computer a few weeks ago. I had played beta before then and now playing it after having one, the sound quality on all of the voice acting is really poor. You can tell that they're all in a studio and it is REALLY distracting.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60
    @CatsAkimbo

You can change the music that plays.
    CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@CL60 said:

@CatsAkimbo

Really? How?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    @CatsAkimbo

@CL60 said:

@CatsAkimbo

Really? How?

Somewhere in the games files, you can put custom music in for certain stuff. Like city music, combat music, etc.
    Chobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chobbit

Heh, to play devil's advocate... I searched for a bug making an annoying sound in my house for about 5 minutes before I realized it was in game... I'm sure this had NOTHING to do with the scotch I was drinking.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@CL60 said:

@CatsAkimbo

@CL60 said:

@CatsAkimbo

Really? How?

Somewhere in the games files, you can put custom music in for certain stuff. Like city music, combat music, etc.

Oh, I thought you meant like a list of tracks where I could turn off the Lion's Arch music or something. I mean sure, I could just turn the music slider all the way down and play some mp3's, but I'd like to hear something new that's composed for the game.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60
    @CatsAkimbo

@CL60 said:

@CatsAkimbo

@CL60 said:

@CatsAkimbo

Really? How?

Oh, I thought you meant like a list of tracks where I could turn off the Lion's Arch music or something. I mean sure, I could just turn the music slider all the way down and play some mp3's, but I'd like to hear something new that's composed for the game.

Nooo, you can change the music that plays for those specific situations. Not the sliders to turn the music off. By adding the music into your game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.