Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Looking forward to gw2

Grimjim8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Grimjim8000

Been a fan of Jeremy Soule's musical copositons in the original guild wars franchise, looking forward to this game and the music

IxRyanRitterxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By IxRyanRitterxI

i love guild wars 1 so i'm gunna pre-order guild wars 2. and ye the music was pretty sick in tht game.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By floodiastus

Hope they dont change too much in the skill system, it was awesome !

fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fryedrycestyle

I hope Guild Wars 2 is a radically different experience. I've heard that it will be more like a traditional MMO. Which is great especially since it won't have a subscription fee. Don't get me wrong though I love the original Guild Wars I just want more.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By floodiastus

Yeah, I just hope they keep the skillsystem, the rest they can change for all I care.

Redsand26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Redsand26
    Grimjim8000 said:
    "Been a fan of Jeremy Soule's musical copositons in the original guild wars franchise, looking forward to this game and the music
    "
    The music in the original and all expansions was masterful.  So, I decided to download the album... big mistake.   Soule's music is under weird licensing which wont give you the mp3 that you had just bought, but a windows media file that you stream from the site off your computer.  bummer.

Cant wait for GW2 though!
    Loupgarou216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Loupgarou216

Guild Wars  in traditional MMO format? Hell yes! Finally some zone PvP too! I can't wait. I consider GW one of the greatest PC games of all time. The sequel has a lot to live up to!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

Snce my Hall of Monuments is all filled out i really have no reason to continue playing Guild Wars so i wait, my heart pounding, for Guild Wars 2 to be officially announced with a release date....

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lunarbunny

Definitely, after 1600 hours of the original, it's gotten kind of stale for me. I hope GW2 is as fun as the original, maintains a similar skill system, and has a storyline at least as good as Nightfall's.

I also hope something similar to Alliance Battles shows up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I would love to see a second Guild Wars, but I don`t see this happening, I hear 0$ were made in profit because of the whole, no subscription.
    I loved the first one and hope the second one does happen but it`s starting to look bleak, I hope to be proved wrong.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Absurd
    Lunarbunny said:
    "Definitely, after 1600 hours of the original, it's gotten kind of stale for me. I hope GW2 is as fun as the original, maintains a similar skill system, and has a storyline at least as good as Nightfall's.

I also hope something similar to Alliance Battles shows up."
    I believe they want to slim the Skill system down since There are 2 copies for a lot of the skills. I think they said in some interview that they wanted to concentrate more on Single Unique Skills instead of several skills that do the same.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_
    Bucketdeth said:
    "I would love to see a second Guild Wars, but I don`t see this happening, I hear 0$ were made in profit because of the whole, no subscription.
    I loved the first one and hope the second one does happen but it`s starting to look bleak, I hope to be proved wrong."
    Because that's why ArenaNet is still pumping out updates, content, balancing, developing GW2, and it's also why their NCSoft's poster child, right? They made a crap load of money off of it.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Hamz
    Jayge said:
    "Bucketdeth said:
    "I would love to see a second Guild Wars, but I don`t see this happening, I hear 0$ were made in profit because of the whole, no subscription.
    I loved the first one and hope the second one does happen but it`s starting to look bleak, I hope to be proved wrong."
    Because that's why ArenaNet is still pumping out updates, content, balancing, developing GW2, and it's also why their NCSoft's poster child, right? They made a crap load of money off of it."
    Indeed and in all honesty GW is probably still my most favourite MMO, its leagues ahead of WoW in my opinion....

Asura Ranger is what i hope for in GW2, that or some Norn spear throwing bear morphing crazy giant dude to own all those n00bs :P
    serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By serbsta

Definetly, loved all of them so far.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

Well, given the whole lawsuit and crap, we'll see how well this goes now.  Plus, with the news that NCSoft is struggling...

Man, I'd hate the idea of GW2 getting cancelled.  I really think that it would have a strong chance of taking on WoW if they could push for what they were talking about:  truly unique items, one-in-a-lifetime events and drops, no level cap....God, it would be SOOOO badass.
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Turtlefuzz
    jakob187 said:
    "Well, given the whole lawsuit and crap, we'll see how well this goes now.  Plus, with the news that NCSoft is struggling...
    Man, I'd hate the idea of GW2 getting cancelled.  I really think that it would have a strong chance of taking on WoW if they could push for what they were talking about:  truly unique items, one-in-a-lifetime events and drops, no level cap....God, it would be SOOOO badass.
    "
    All of that is great. But I do want a level cap.

I LOVE the first Guild Wars games, with the possible exception of Eye of the North. Guild Wars is the best MMO and Guild Wars 2 should be just as good.

But honestly, what I REALLY want, is a next expansion for GW 1.
    igl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By igl
    fryedrycestyle said:
    "I hope Guild Wars 2 is a radically different experience. I've heard that it will be more like a traditional MMO."
    I hope they bring in enough twist to make it fun, because all "traditional" MMOs bored the crap out of me! All i want is stable gameplay/netcode and solid PvP not grinding boring kill X for Y quests for weeks to get crap in tiny steps. Silly freetime sinks
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Absurd

I still haven't bought Eye of the North, I should really get around to that since I have all 3 campaigns.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.