Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Mac OS X Client Beta Officially Launched

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ckeats
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By lethalki11ler

Smart idea :) can't wait!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UssjTrunks

Can Macs even run this game on reasonable settings? Most people have the mid/low-end Macs (because a low-end Mac still costs $1000 :P) which have integrated Intel graphics.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By RainVillain

Really excited about this. Thinking of buying the digital version so that I can start playing asap!

Does anyone know how large the download file is? I'm in Canada with my bandwidth cap creeping up on me..

Windshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Windshroud

@UssjTrunks said:

Can Macs even run this game on reasonable settings? Most people have the mid/low-end Macs (because a low-end Mac still costs $1000 :P) which have integrated Intel graphics.

Can't speak for the machines with only integrated graphics, but it looks like it's definitely playable on an ~18 month old MBP. Wouldn't be my first option at the moment, but it saves a reboot into Windows.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Deranged

Alright, I'm a noob when it comes to MMO's. It keeps saying I have to input a serial code to access the Mac client. Does that mean I have to purchase the game first?

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By Hector

@mcderby4 said:

Alright, I'm a noob when it comes to MMO's. It keeps saying I have to input a serial code to access the Mac client. Does that mean I have to purchase the game first?

Yes the beta is only available to people who have bought the game.

and I can't wait till it's out on Mac. It's about it time Mac users got some love! :)

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deranged

@Hector: So, I'd have to go and buy the physical copy to get access to the beta?

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By shinboy630
    @mcderby4

@Hector: So, I'd have to go and buy the physical copy to get access to the beta?

The game is not in beta, just the OSX client. It all connects to the same live game severs.
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged

@shinboy630: I understood that much yes, but I went to go access the Mac client, it kept asking me for my Serial code, which I obviously do not have.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@mcderby4: Because the Mac beta takes place in the release version of the game, you would have to actually purchase the full game, yes. Because they've said that both the Mac and Windows clients are usable by everyone who has access, I'm assuming a digital download will work as well as a boxed copy for your purposes.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By Hector

@mcderby4 said:

@shinboy630: I understood that much yes, but I went to go access the Mac client, it kept asking me for my Serial code, which I obviously do not have.

Yes you have to purchase the game to access the Mac OS X beta client. It's the only way as of right now.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged

@Dark_Lord_Spam: @Hector: Hmm alright, the help has been much appreciated guys!

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By StarFoxA

@UssjTrunks said:

My Macbook with an integrated Intel card (Intel HD Graphics 3000) can run games like Dead Space 2 and The Witcher in Bootcamp with reasonable graphical settings.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By metalmoog

Was excited about this until I read the Macbook Pro specs. Fuck. Looks like I'll continue playing this on my PC.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Dreamfall31

Was interested in the game when it came out, but don't have any other computers besides my Mac Book Pro. Diablo 3 ran fine on it, so I hope this does as well!

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By mowgers

Runs fine on my 2 year old iMac. Just fucking around at the mo, haven't played with the settings any yet but yeah, seems ok.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.