Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Newegg.com - Guild Wars 2 Release Date?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

NCsoft has yet to release an official release date for GW2 yet (and has in fact, not even released a single screenshot of concept art), but it appears that preorders are already available at computer hardware and software distributor newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832784011

To me it seems the 8/31/2009 release date is a bit too soon considering almost no details have even been released about the game yet. Perhaps they meant 2010? Or is it pure speculation. Then again, they must have gotten the heads up from NCsoft to allow preorders? I'm confused.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

They do that to get more pre-orders. They guess.

Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Snuffy

Well.  NCSoft did say that they would release it in late '09 or early '10 if my memory serves me right.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

I would definitely not go buy the release date of anywhere as being official...its like when Gamestop has releases shown to a game not given a release date anywhere else, its never correct. Anyway, this reminded me that I'm looking forward to GW2 though, I kinda forgot about it entirely, so thanks!

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By asurastrike
    @Geno said:
    " NCsoft has yet to release an official release date for GW2 yet (and has in fact, not even released a single screenshot of concept art), but it appears that preorders are already available at computer hardware and software distributor newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832784011To me it seems the 8/31/2009 release date is a bit too soon considering almost no details have even been released about the game yet. Perhaps they meant 2010? Or is it pure speculation. Then again, they must have gotten the heads up from NCsoft to allow preorders? I'm confused. "
    2 years ago Gamestop listed Final Fantasy XIII as Dec 31, 2007.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.