Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Official Guild Wars 2 Direct Feed Gameplay and Commentary 1080p

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

45 Minutes of Direct Feed HD Gameplay and Commentary - Officially ArenaNet Approved  - Everything from GamesCom 2010

Everything revealed at GamesCom in one comprehensive video walkthrough. Gameplay is all direct feed finest 1080p quality. Commentary by official ArenaNet developers. This is the best source of Guild Wars 2 gameplay footage and information yet. I hope you enjoy this as much as I will. Great stuff. Guild Wars 2 is about to happen! It's the shit. Plain and simple. 

Sooo much! Sooo good! Enjoy the show!
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

Fuck yeah - seeing all the content I've seen before in cam vids come to life in direct feed HD capture. Brother oh brother. Guild Wars 2 has just moved on the top spot on my list of most anticipated games. It looks so much better than anything the MMORPG genre has done to this date. Guild Wars 2 really might be the next big step for the genre. It's looking highly likely!

Best moment of the presentation? Feeding the cow! <3 <3 <3 Close second? The Shatterer shooting crystals into the raid from his wings. Nerdgasm!

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By hugh_jazz

Thank you. Just, thank you.

Amethyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Amethyst

This game is looking better with each bit that comes out. The fact that it's subscription-less from the start only adds to my excitement.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehexeditor

GW2 is looking like a slice of pure gold dipped in batter and panko bread crumbs, deep fried in peanut oil, drizzled with melted chocolate, dusted with powdered sugar, and served with a tall glass of iced tea.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Adamsons

The earth elemental hand was pretty impressive actually <EDIT> - the dragon in the 3rd vid too, thought the environment would look better though.

The Char is pretty cool in the 3rd video visually / movement animations, i also love how it says bleeding next to your character its much more intuitive than having it in a corner of the screen etc.

Movement looks really floaty though, my concerns really are how they are going to be able to sustain the game without a constant income - yearly expansions?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

The chain events like the supply train sound pretty damn awesome. AND SHE FUCKING JUMPED!!! I was always bummed about not being able to jump in Guild Wars.

I thinking launch week purchase for me, this is.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Marz

Day 1 buy as long as they don't sneak in a monthly fee :)

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By eldiax

Oh god I can't wait for this game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti
    Dynamic Events = Public Quests from Warhammer nothing much new here, but they are hyping it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread :P
    At least they seem to be tackling the problem of why these failed so hard in Warhammer by introducing dynamic scaling to number of player.
    A smart man learns from mistakes of others.

Love the Char design and armor.
    And spell effects are phenomenal, so many other MMO's get them wrong and you end up with completely unimpressive shit.
    Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Goldanas
    @Seppli:  

I might be coming on strong here, but . . . 

I WANT YOU INSIDE ME . . .
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli
    @Tennmuerti said:

" Dynamic Events = Public Quests from Warhammer nothing much new here, but they are hyping it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread :PAt least they seem to be tackling the problem of why these failed so hard in Warhammer by introducing dynamic scaling to number of player. A smart man learns from mistakes of others.  Love the Char design and armor. And spell effects are phenomenal, so many other MMO's get them wrong and you end up with completely unimpressive shit. "

There is a big difference to public quests in Warhammer though.

In the presentation, they put it quite well with saying that the events are persistent and not static on a loop like in Warhammer. A big difference indeed. Persistent events change the flow of the gameworld and make the whole of it a lot more alive than all other MMORPGs. Certainly, the core gameplay might not change a lot, but it's bound to be a lot more immersive if success and failure have persistent consequences leading to further content. So if you fail to defend a village, you will just try to conquer it back and rebuild it. Stuff like that.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#13  Edited By tearhead

Oh my god. This game looks fucking sick! I have to find a way into the beta.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Guild Wars 1 was a game with a lot of good ideas that didn't capitalize on all it could have. 

Guild Wars 2 is Game of the Century.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

Damn these videos. All I can think about since I saw them is Guild Wars 2.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Geno

Sweet, thanks for these. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By meteora

I'm going to watch this video later. 

But how the hell do they not even include subscription is beyond me. That's icing on the cake man.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Adamsons
    @Meteora said:
    " I'm going to watch this video later.  But how the hell do they not even include subscription is beyond me. That's icing on the cake man. "
    Curious about this myself, especially now that Guild Wars is going open world. You have to wonder what they are going to do to recoup the server costs / maintainance and the support that will be required.

Kinda like how a warrior can meaningfully use a bow, wonder how it compares to a ranger. Weapon switching on the fly to new bars is neat also.

Probably gonna follow this with reservation, still a ton of things that could make it suck but from the videos it looks pretty exciting.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli
    @Meteora said:

" I'm going to watch this video later.  But how the hell do they not even include subscription is beyond me. That's icing on the cake man. "

Well - GW1 was about yearly expansions. So the business modell relies heavily on ArenaNet/NCsoft releasing expansion content at retail.

Persistent worlds tend to capture players for much longer than heavily instanced worlds, at least that's how it is for me. I believe Guild Wars 2 will have a much longer tail than their first game because of it. Given Guild Wars 2 is a big success, I think we will see ArenaNet expanding their business rather than moving on to the next game. Multiple teams working on multiple projects. Fairly certain they are already working on upcoming expansions even before the main game is released.

So - the longevity of GW2 relies on being a finacial success with a high player attachment-rate and ArenaNet having a rocksolid production plan delivering quality boxed content at a high frequency. They'll make it happen. I'm sure of it.
    pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pectoral

I was really excited for this game before seeing these. People are going to hate me for this, but... this doesn't look all that great.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zityz

Thanks for the great uploads! Also thanks for posting! Need more GW2 love!
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seppli
    @pectoral: 

Mechanically? Graphically? Hu? What exactly are you seeing? I have the hardest time not be overly hyped about what I'm seeing...

Care to elaborate?
    Inzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Inzzy

For the people who have been wondering about how ArenaNet/NCSoft West could make money with this: 
    @Seppli is probably right that there will be expansions later down the road, but at the early stages they will relay heavily on people buying the game and on the cash-shop (micro-payment w.e you want to call it), that they have setup. As to my knowledge there has been no news about what these shops will contain, but if you look at what GW1 has to offer then it will be purely cosmetic and nothing that will break the gameplay and give some an unfair advantage.     

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By meteora

I just spent my time watching the videos. 

Holy crap. I'm super hyped. It looks like ArenaNet is more or less delivering on all their promises. Though I wonder how much in-depth the persistent system is, or is it just sort of the same thing that happens over and over again for a particular area.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Jeffsekai

Fucking awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.