Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Pre-Order now to get into next BWE

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UssjTrunks

Amazon and Gamestop/EB Games are now giving out pre-purchase codes (include BWE access, 3-day headstart, and Hero's Band) when you simply pre-order the game (confirmed by multiple users on Guru and advertised on their websites). So if anyone was on the fence about getting this game, you can now try out the betas (including this upcoming one) without having to pay for the game in full.

On another note, how do pre-purchasers feel about this? I'm glad that the playerbase for the beta will be expanded, but I'm not too thrilled about pre-orders getting the 3-day headstart as well (I'll be scrambling to secure common one-word names at that time lol, and the fewer people, the better). In the end, I feel like Anet was being dishonest with us (I'm sure a lot of people would have pre-ordered instead had they known they could get the same benefits minus the first BWE).

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338996813&sr=8-1

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2/75863

http://www.ebgames.ca/pc/games/guild-wars-2-with-bonus/253856

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I pre-purchased the game because I wanted to play the beta, not because I wanted early access. Early access is kind of dumb here anyway, Guild Wars is all about working together. There's no danger of loot and/or kill stealing, so the more people you have, the better your experience will be.

Also, if you're that desperate to reserve names, you can just create a bunch of GW1 characters with the names you want to reserve. If you have GW, that is.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By UssjTrunks

@S0ndor said:

I pre-purchased the game because I wanted to play the beta, not because I wanted early access. Early access is kind of dumb here anyway, Guild Wars is all about working together. There's no danger of loot and/or kill stealing, so the more people you have, the better your experience will be.

Also, if you're that desperate to reserve names, you can just create a bunch of GW1 characters with the names you want to reserve. If you have GW, that is.

Oh, absolutely. I pre-purchased for the sole reason that I would gain access to the BWEs (the headstart was just gravy, and I agree that it's dumb in terms of gameplay experience). I'm also not disappointed knowing that my money was used to support this game's development. I just wish Anet had been more honest with us. I likely would have pre-purchased in any case just to play in the first BWE, but I also know that a lot of people might have waited and gotten the pre-order if they had known it would be available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.