Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

The Lincolncast, Episode 16: Races and Cupcakes

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

The Lincolncast, Episode 16: Races and Cupcakes

Hey guys! For those who don't know, this is the Giant Bomb community's Guild Wars 2 podcast (made by our guild, Lincoln Force).

Oh god 2 weeks to go, what are we going to do!? Apparently we've gone mad with power and boredom so we're doing live shows every week! This time round we talk about the 3 back to back stress tests and have another semi-debate-not-really about what race we would recommend to new players.

Also, subscribe to the show!

iTunes | RSS

Streaming Embed (audio only):

Intro music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance

Featured Members: , , ,

Run time: 3:32:40

Topics for the week:

• Announcement! We're podcasting live every week now on Fridays at 9PM US Eastern (unless otherwise stated)
    • Dourin talks about how he's going to kick a sponge bob square pants cake's butt, Noob has been "playing" stalker and Rawson likes Mech Warrior Online. Guild wars 2 stuff starts after the normal 20 or so minutes.
    • This week in news, 3 stress tests in a row. If you couldn't make it don't worry, you didn't miss too much.
    • In our main-discussion segment, we sortof debate "What race would you recommend for someone to start with?"
    • We talk about the aesthetics, gameplay, area design and a little lore for each of them in depth but forget we're having a debate till like half way through. Mainly because we really like the first two brought up - find out which by listening!

Plugs!

Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter.

Subscription:

iTunes | RSS

Direct Download:

Podbean Direct Download

Mobile Site (for streaming):

Hosted by Podbean

Live Test Show Archive

For those who missed it we also did a test for the live show - but it ended up having some pretty interesting discussion.

Check it out (youtube only) for our thoughts on the topic "If you could change one thing about Guild Wars 2, what would it be?"

Malaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Malaiki

Great podcast again, looking forward to seeing you all on Yak's Bend in the near furture

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

I'm actually curious moving forward: will this podcast talk about guild-related things, or are you guys planning to keep things general for a larger Guild Wars audience moving beyond launch?

Selona83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Selona83

Thanks for a good show guys!

Oh and , you make such a good imitation of a woman voice it was actually kinda terrifying:P

Malaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Malaiki

@Selona83

but also sexy in some weird kind of way lool

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Xyber

Comparing the stress test to a strip club, this is gold.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By shinboy630

"It's kind of like a strip club, but it's an MMORPG." Back of the box material right there.

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Your female voice is not a patch on mine!

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Branwulf

Just finished listening, twas a good show.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project343 said:

I'm actually curious moving forward: will this podcast talk about guild-related things, or are you guys planning to keep things general for a larger Guild Wars audience moving beyond launch?

Probably keep things general. About 1.5-2k people listen in every week, so obviously most people aren't from our guild. However, we will continue to pimp the guild on the show and I'll always be dropping names and stuff or things we do as a guild on the show as well.

Also - thanks everyone! This week was pretty lore-heavy (for as little about that as we know), so it's a bit of a shift from what we usually put out.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theimmortalbum

And now I'm going back and listening to these because I just found out about this. Yes!

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xyber

@selfconfessedcynic: Wow, that's a lot of people listening. You deserve it too, I really like listening to it.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CatsAkimbo

Thanks for the podcast; I'm going back and listening as well. Something's messed up with the right channel audio about 50-55 minutes in and later, by the way.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CatsAkimbo said:

Thanks for the podcast; I'm going back and listening as well. Something's messed up with the right channel audio about 50-55 minutes in and later, by the way.

What's the exact issue? I just scrubbed through my local files, the youtube and the RSS file downloaded to my phone and didn't hear anything off.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dourin

@CatsAkimbo: That's weird. I listened back to the youtube as well as the podbean (they're from the same audio file) and I don't hear an issue at all. Right channel sounds just as good as left.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I downloaded it from the RSS to my phone, and the audio is super stuttery for all but one of you guys talking on the right channel. I listen with just one earbud on at work, and it sounded like 1 person was recording off skype and their connection was bad so everyone else sounded terrible, but when I swapped to my left earbud it sounded fine. Pretty odd!

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dourin

@CatsAkimbo: Yeah, that is really odd. We all do personal recordings and mix it together in post, so the stuttering definitely shouldn't be there. Maybe it was just a bad download?

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CatsAkimbo said:

I downloaded it from the RSS to my phone, and the audio is super stuttery for all but one of you guys talking on the right channel. I listen with just one earbud on at work, and it sounded like 1 person was recording off skype and their connection was bad so everyone else sounded terrible, but when I swapped to my left earbud it sounded fine. Pretty odd!

Hmm. No idea what that could be. I'll re-download it now to see if the issue is repeatable.

ED: Nope, not having the same issue : /

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I checked on my computer and had no problems, but even re-downloading it on my android phone using doggcatcher had the same issue, so it might just be something with that app player. Not a huge deal though, since I listen to one channel anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.