Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Yak's Bend WvWvW domination.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I was really interested in jumping into WvWvW, but every time I press 'b' and see that Yak's Bend has 300,000 points and the other servers have a maximum of 50,000, I really just don't want to. Complete and utter destruction of the other servers is just boring, I want a challenge, and I'm hoping in the coming weeks we get some better competition or a server move may be in my best interest. The problem lies in that, Yak's Bend has the highest population, which in turn means more guilds and a higher chance of skilled PVP guilds on the server. Some server has to be the best, but I just wish it didn't feel like Tyson in his prime Vs. 3 year old Justin Bieber.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@yyninja said:

After each WvWvW period (2 weeks, i think), the winning server competes against other winning servers so the competition will get better.

ahh, I was thinking after the two weeks we would just be paired up with two more random servers, and the face stomping would continue.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By UssjTrunks

Things will change when we go up against some of the stronger servers. We were only 3-3 after BWE1 & 2 IIRC (some servers were 6-0).

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bunnymud

I got in after about 20 min of waiting and only hand enough time to kill 2 people in a field, save a fort that was on the brink of certain doom and chase down 3 bad guys only to be left behind to fight all 3 of them under water alone.

Fun times

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SamStrife

Whilst I agree that steamrolling other servers takes away some of the fun, there's still plenty to be found in WvW. Defending our points on the borderlands is a constant challenge and there's enough roving bands of mad men around to keep you on your toes. What disappoints me is that I've been kicked out of WvW several times over the last few days so the game could balance servers against each other, and every time it resets, nothing has changed.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maystack

It is a bit disappointing when we own everything, but it just means that the enemy will attack with their full strength. Spent a good hour or so in WvW yesterday and had several big scale battles, stealthily attacked a supply camp with another guildie, and captured a fort. And while I couldn't get into the battlegrounds, the territory there was pretty even, so there's a lot to do there.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikeeegeee

As a resident of the Anvil Rock server, I extend to you Yak's Benders my sincerest of Fuck You's.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

This was always going to happen, since Yak's Bend has been pretty much the server of choice for many fans of the original GW and there are several large guilds on there besides Giant Bomb. Once we're teamed up against other powerhouses, it should be a bit more interesting.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli

@Bucketdeth:

That's just the total points tally. The actual skirmishes are fun regardless of how well the overall war effort is going - just because your server dominates the wareffort, doesn't mean that you won't have a good fight, or even be beaten to pulp by a superior force.

Usually these massive point disparities come from servers having more active communities at off hours - i.e. Yak's Bend is full of Europeans from GiantBomb, and likely some other sites too, whom can take over keeps and towers and what have you, facing way less resistance from the opposition... that is, until matchmaking starts to pit Yak's Bend against other servers with a similar community make-up.

Since it's all about the fight, and WvW queues are always in place for all 4 WvW maps at peak hours, regardless of which homeworld you're from (I strongly assume) - there's an equal number of fighters for each server in WvW at these times. An even playingfield and somewhat fair and compeitive fight is absolutely ensured.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SamStrife

@mikeeegeee said:

As a resident of the Anvil Rock server, I extend to you Yak's Benders my sincerest of Fuck You's.

Could be worse, you could be from Borlis Pass.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zyn

Go Yak's Bend!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.