Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

What to do with an inherited guild? Help!

spacetrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spacetrogg

Hey, I played Guild Wars way back in 2008 though I never got too far in, but one of the last things I did was join some random guild. Imagine my surprise when I logged in earlier on today due to the hype around Guild Wars 2, only to find that all other members had left or been kicked and my level 8 Necromancer had been promoted to Guild Master. After running around the guild hall for a bit I got bored and what else I could get up to next.

I've never ran a guild before and the name sucks ("Blood on Paper", really?) as does the cape, but I can't quite bring myself to disband it. I'm not entirely sure what to do with the thing, is it worth keeping on?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mandude

Are there players still in it? Are they active?

spacetrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spacetrogg

Afraid not, apparently the guild has been left deserted and totally untouched since around September 2008. I guess I need to recruit new guys but I'm not entirely sure about what's the best way to go about it

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mandude

Ah, well unless there are still a number of new people joining the game, I guess it wont be easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.