Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Mar 30, 2017

An enhanced revision of Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-, bringing the total playable roster to 25 fighters while including balance changes and epilogue chapters for Story Mode.

Get on PS4 or PC? (Also a fight stick question)

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

So I'm pretty new to fighting games and have been playing a bunch of them recently. I bought both Sign and Revelator on PC as it is my preferred platform but I also have a PS4 hooked up to one of my monitors. My question is should I buy Rev2 on PS4 for a larger community? With SFV I like the fact that you can play against people on either PC or PS4 but I'm wondering if it would be better to play against a wider playerbase on PS4.

Also as a side fighting game question, I am looking into getting a fight stick that works on both PS4 and PC that doesn't cost $200-$300 but is still of decent quality. Any suggestions?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you want to play it save, go for the PS4 version. The community should be significantly larger than the PC one.

When it comes to sticks the most likely candidate for you would be the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai which is probably the most affordable top tier stick.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd recommend the same Hori as Ir0n as well. I just got one a month ago as my first fightstick and it feels great.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

If you don't mind a little tinkering, look at the Mayflash F300 and some Sanwa buttons and joystick. I bought one a few months ago as a second stick - Already had a drawer full of Sanwa buttons but when I costed it up, the modded stick would have cost me around £90. The included buttons are Sanwa clones so the new ones fit perfectly, while for the stick you buy a female-female extension cable in addition. All you need is a Phillips head screwdriver and some fingers.

No Caption Provided

It's PC, PS3, 360, Xbone, PS4 although you'll need to connect a dualshock 4 to the stick with the included USB cable if the game doesn't support legacy controllers. It's a bit of a pain at first but works well.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nefarious_Al

The netplay is way better on PC. Same region on PS4 is great but on PC you can play west coast to east coast and it plays great.

Granted you need a lagless monitor. PS4 has a native input delay of 3 frames, add that on top of the 4 frames of online delay coast to coast and you are playing on 7 frames of delay. Not fun to play in.

On PC you have 0 native delay and with the 3-4 frames of online delay its like you are playing offline on PS4... online! Just get the game though its great and more people should be playing it.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thirding a recommendation for the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai. I rocked it vanilla for a while; the lever is great, and it's pretty easy to open up and replace the buttons with Sanwas if you find yourself preferring a different feel. But yeah, if you're enterprising, you can mod/swap parts in any stick with modern PC/console support (just mind the legacy controller issue as mentioned above), or go out and get kits and build your weapon of choice.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like my Hori Pro 4.

I swapped the buttons with Sanwas cause the Hori buttons are very mushy.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hori buttons are definitely a bit of an acquired taste. Kuro buttons in the old RAP4 seemed to have a bad (squeaky) batch, but recently I've preferred good Kuros over Sanwa OBSF30s (but OBSF30s are definitely more consistent). Hayabusa buttons in new RAP4s are more linear with moderate resistance, as @hmoney001 indicated. In the end it's all about personal preference, and a stock RAP4 will definitely do you well if you're still getting acclimated to the wonderful world of arcade stick parts.

Oh, and for the Rev2 question, if player base is a factor then I think PS4 edges out unless you already have PC friends who'll play it. Agreed that you should get either version, though, it's a great game and there's a lot of fighting game goodness for your money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.