Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero 5

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

The fifth game in the core Guitar Hero franchise, and the third in the series from Activision and Neversoft. Though the game goes by the Guitar Hero moniker, it features full-band gameplay like its predecessor, Guitar Hero World Tour.

Anyone prefer RB drums over GHWT drums for GH?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

Curious as I have RB2 but have become increasingly interested in GH5 via the tracklist and amazon deals.

But I refuse to buy another plastic drumkit, I wont do it so dont say you needz them GHWT drums!

Is GHWT and presumably GH5 just as fun to play with only 4 notes instead of 5. Is it harder? or easier?

If people claim its rubbish I might not even bother with GH5

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I have played several different Guitar Hero games such as World Tour, Smash Hits, and Metallica on the Ion drum kit and it seems fine. I don't have any way of making a comparison but yeah, it seems like it works fine. However I would recommend you don't buy GH games and just support Harmonix.   

I  <3  Harmonix          lol

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrOldboy

well yesterday I played GHWT at a friend's house. he had RB and GH so I tried using the Rb set. It worked fine I think. I only played 2 songs. But I might get GH5 now since I have at least seen it works fine. I'm guessing it might be best for me since I've only palyed RB, so I dont have to adjust just to play songs that I like on GH5. Also I was thinking of getting the cymbals for RB2, so maybe a tiny advantage in favor of RB that it can have 3 cymbals, but so small.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I actually bought a full band GHWT kit for $100 at Wal Mart this past weekend, and am thoroughly impressed with the drums. Up until then I was using the RB1 kit, with some silencers for extra rebound. While initially I found the new cymbals hard to master (I was a hard/expert drummer in RB), they ultimately felt more realistic than the RB kit, albeit louder. Another plus to the GH kit is the size of the three main pads, they're bigger and quieter than the RB heads, and make drum rolls a breeze.  

I think both kits are great, though I've yet to put the World Tour kit through all of the paces and beat the shit out of it like I do on my RB kit. I hope to hell it stands up better than my three Red Octane guitars, all of which have either died completely (X-Plorer) or have unresponsive buttons due to that fucking detachable neck bullshit (WT guitar and Les Paul).  

Also, if you're used to the RB kit, the World Tour one is harder to play with simply because of the extra orange cymbol. You won't be used to having to hit an extra pad, thus taking some extra practice to use. I'm slowly adjusting to it myself.

Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Exlutonian

Even though they're dodgy as feck, as I did have to get mine fixed, I do prefer playing on the GH drum kit to the RB one. 

I never liked the fact the Rock Band guitar buttons spread the entire neck. Felt weird. And the fact the strum never clicked; didnt feel like it was registering. 

So GH equipment is my vote. If only GH also had the DLC support that rockband has tho, life would be so much better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.