Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero 5

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

The fifth game in the core Guitar Hero franchise, and the third in the series from Activision and Neversoft. Though the game goes by the Guitar Hero moniker, it features full-band gameplay like its predecessor, Guitar Hero World Tour.

Is it worth it?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

I mean most of the songs are going to be in RB and there isn't much new, but I love guitar hero's look and feel more then rb. Is it worth it?

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmasheControllers

no one?

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

It's like Rock Band and Guitar Hero 4, but not.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By CoolDrMoney
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers

So yeah? Main reason I want to play is for Online-MP and I has so good songs Smells Like Team Sprite, Only Happy When it Rains, You Give Love a Bad Name and much more.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

yes

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have heard some good reviews and it is actually pissing me off. That and the fact that Activision is touting the fact that Sultans of Swing will NOT come to Rock Band. Well, I will wait for this to dramatically drop in price. Look at World Tour; that thing dropped like crazy in a few months.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jonnyboy

I want it to play "Judith" by APC. Plus although I still play Rockband I'm not really a fan of DLC (even though I've bough a load), I just hate the fact that I'm stuck with it, at least with disc based songs I can sell it when I'm done (or rent it).

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " I have heard some good reviews and it is actually pissing me off. That and the fact that Activision is touting the fact that Sultans of Swing will NOT come to Rock Band. Well, I will wait for this to dramatically drop in price. Look at World Tour; that thing dropped like crazy in a few months. "
    dude GH5 is a 10000 times better than world tour whatever you did not like about world tour is not in this game don't hate it for no reason
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " I have heard some good reviews and it is actually pissing me off. That and the fact that Activision is touting the fact that Sultans of Swing will NOT come to Rock Band. Well, I will wait for this to dramatically drop in price. Look at World Tour; that thing dropped like crazy in a few months. "
    dude GH5 is a 10000 times better than world tour whatever you did not like about world tour is not in this game don't hate it for no reason "
    Have you played it? I am not saying I don't believe you I just find the brand tired and their desperate marketing campaign is just making it look bad. Still, there is a solid track list behind it so I will most likely eventually get it a discounted price.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    dude GH5 is a 10000 times better than world tour whatever you did not like about world tour is not in this game don't hate it for no reason "
    Have you played it? I am not saying I don't believe you I just find the brand tired and their desperate marketing campaign is just making it look bad. Still, there is a solid track list behind it so I will most likely eventually get it a discounted price. "
    yeah I've played it for about 10 hours so far and its great 
    I would not say such things had I not played it
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @trophyhunter said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

" @trophyhunter said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    Have you played it? I am not saying I don't believe you I just find the brand tired and their desperate marketing campaign is just making it look bad. Still, there is a solid track list behind it so I will most likely eventually get it a discounted price. "
    yeah I've played it for about 10 hours so far and its great  I would not say such things had I not played it "
    I am glad to hear they actually tried something new. Like I said, I will give it a chance come a price drop.
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I must say, I've been taken back by how much of an improvement this is over World Tour. Definitely give it a chance, as it'll likely take you by surprise too.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

I played the game today.  It's a massive improvement over World Tour.  I shit you not when I say I felt like I did when I played Guitar Hero 1 for the first time.  The presentation is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.  The note charts are fun as Hell, even on Expert.  The new Party Mode is an incredible feature. 

Between my time playing "2 Minutes To Midnight", "Judith", "Demon(s)", "Deadbolt", "Runnin' Down A Dream", and "The Rock Show", I was thoroughly impressed with the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.